Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Official Camper and Camping Thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry too hear that Adam... Here’s hoping another one comes your way down the road. I know how much the kids enjoy it....

Reactions: 5Cent

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
All good fellas, 5 seasons of GREAT memories with family and friends. We got the entire camper stripped today and items divided into keep, garage sale, and trash. We have always been adiment on not hoarding things in the camper so it helped a lot today.

We enjoyed a couple of beers with the radio and A/C on full blast and then closed her up. We have been married for 11.5yrs and only have gone 1yr w/o a camper since being hitched. Tev laughed at how hard of a time I was having, just not right she's gonna prolly be cut up and recycled is all.

3 new large totes and a couple vacuum bags for bedding and we are all squared away and ready to roll for the next tent adventure.

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Dude, that sucks...I guess I had poor timing with my text earlier.

Nope all good Dave, glad everyone is OK. Two completely different scenarios, one is a toy the other is a means of transportation. I hate to see what happened to your truck today.....

Reactions: giles

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't think it will be turned into scrap. Someone will buy it, do minimal repairs, and re-sell it.

Reactions: 5Cent

djohn9713

Looking for some help here. My son and a few friends are looking for a place to do some camping in OH this summer. They are having a tough time finding a public site where they can set their tents, do some fishing nearby, and have a fire ring at their site. Any ideas of a good spot, maybe on the eastern side of the state?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
And there she goes.
IMG_20190606_150828.jpg

I put up my old n trusty Coleman dome tent from highschool. Staked her down real nice and let her take a direct hit from yesterday's storms, leaked like a full hooker. Time for a new tent for the family🤣

Reactions: bowhunter1023

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sucks but I like your attitude 5cent. God has a plan. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Plus,they make campers every day and people sell used ones every day.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sorry to read this Adam.
I’ve been snooping around for a used camper to drop at Lake Erie I don’t need anything overly road worthy because I plan to leave the thing sit where I drop it for a long time. I keep hearing from friends what a pain they are with constant maintenance- and now I’m reading how a simple blown tire totaled your unit! Holy crap! How cheaply are these things made for a little tire can be so costly? Ridiculous! I’ve blown off dozens of tires on semi trailers. There was never any damage aside from an occasional bent or broken mud flap hanger. Jeez oh Pete why wouldn’t there be a more substantial material placed over the tires if there is that much risk from a blow out.
Maybe I’ll just keep my tent or buy a condo up there.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I have not found one yet that has a steel wheel well that would be able to handle a blowout. They go for light weight and low cost when building, nothing else lol.

Don't let it discourage ya Brock, find one, drop it and have fun fishing! This was our 3rd one and we will have another after building, chit just happens.