Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Great Trail Cam Mystery.....

Fletch

Supporting Member
So I put a trail camera out on a very large tract of land known as: 'The Newark Watershed'.... It's huge and has several large bodies of water on it where Newark gets its water from.... Gotta buy a permit to hunt it.... I put the cam out entirely to get deer pics on it.... Yesterday I pull card and in the middle of all the pics I get some weird pics of the ground as if camera was moved, then back to normal... Now I always mark my shit to see if it's played with... There was a stick stuck in back of camera to tilt it slightly, I nicked stick with knife and placed it a certain way, I also tucked strap in back of tree a certain way... All these markings were perfect when I arrived, so I doubt cam was messed with... Check time stamp on the attached pics... Like WTF??? They say these woods are haunted.... LOL... MAYBE..
IMG_20201010_101917.jpg

IMG_20201010_101917.jpg
IMG_20201010_101926.jpg
IMG_20201010_101932.jpg
IMG_20201010_101939.jpg
IMG_20201010_101945.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Tree is 75 ft high and as round as my waist... For it to take a pic of the ground it would have blown over... And pic of ground is behind tree....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Someone held a picture in front of it just to mess with you. Wouldn't that be hilarious! 🤣
Dave that sounds like something I'd do.... I've always wanted to dress up as Bigfoot and walk in front of camera...

Reactions: giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
Gonna do that tomorrow..... I've done it in the past.... Common practice here in Jersey as there are tons of scumbags stealing shit.....

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I have a buddy that has the WV DNR slip into his property and do some snooping around. They deleted all pictures of themselves on the cams and then set them back up. It took some prodding but they admitted to it. They were searching for bear baiting.

Reactions: giles and Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
I have a buddy that has the WV DNR slip into his property and do some snooping around. They deleted all pictures of themselves on the cams and then set them back up. It took some prodding but they admitted to it. They were searching for bear baiting.
Well we can rule this out as The Newark Watershed consists of about 35,000 acres...... They have one ranger that patrols it.... He doesn't get out of his truck... LOL Mainly hes checking cars for stickers showing you bought a permit... I've never even seen him out and about.... Again my camera is marked, so only I could tell if it was messed with... We've gotten pics already of wardens out in Illinois walking around.... One even flashed his badge at the camera...

The next road over called Clinton Rd. is said to be haunted.... I know people that won't even drive it during the day... Maybe roughly 8-10 miles of nothing but woods, AND NO CELL SERVICE... I remember one opening morning of firearm deer season, I was walking in alone on an old trail about an hour from daylight.... 1/4 mile in from the truck a guy steps out from behind a tree and says "Good Morning" no flashlight or warning... I about shit myself.... It was a warden, he checked my license and gun for a plug.....

https://frightfind.com/haunted-clinton-road/

Fletch

Supporting Member
That reminds me of some pics that happen as I open the door on the camera on occasion. Usually a moving blurry one and another of the opposite direction. Seems like maybe someone accessed your card and camera?
Again.... I had a small STICK lodged behind camera to tilt it forward, this stick I knicked with a knife and put it in facing tree, also had excess strap woven a certain way behind tree... Both were as I left them....