Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Terrible Timing

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The biggest factor among all is time spent hunting. The longer you’re able to hunt the better your chances. The more spots or stands you have can help you but also hurt you cuz you can’t hunt all of them at once but you can bounce around till you’re nearest the action. Your situation is much different as you have just one spot BUT it’s an awesome spot that funnels the movement and activity right down in front of your blind. That said, you just keep plugging away Dick and hunt that spot as much as you can and you WILL eventually get a crack at one of them if someone else hunting nearby doesn’t get them first. If there’s a better killing spot and setup than what you got here I don’t know what it would be....😀GOOD LUCK DICK!

.........and Yupper, that 8 is one huge tank! Sherman I believe..👍🏻

Thank you all for wishing me luck.

I agree, Rick, time is our biggest ally. This is the only stand I'm hunting until gun season. I hated losing my old stand in the flood this summer. That stand blended in much better and all the vegetation along the creek has been washed away. The new stand looks like a neon sign, I'll camo paint it before next fall.

The 8 point has been on my radar a few years, the 10 showed up this summer. From here on the tank of an 8 will be called Sherman. Let's hope my buddy or I can launch a Muzzy mortar down his turret this evening or tomorrow. Headed to the killing grounds, with high hopes.