Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ten Point viper s400

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Bought this crossbow new last spring….just got around to sighting it in. This crossbow is super quiet and is a tack driver. I have a question for anyone who owns one of these…I was told that the bow has a lot of stored energy and shouldn’t be left cocked overnight. My question is what is the cut off for time? I hunt dark to dark so it will be cocked for about 12 hours. Is this too long? I don’t want the bow exploding on me while inside the blind with me sitting next to it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’ve had a few different Ten Points, they stay cocked from dark too dark when I’m hunting. Been doing that for better than 2 decades. Never had any issues. Wouldn’t worry about it. Just shoot the deer George!!!! 😂

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
I agree with J. I have a vengent and have left it cocked for 6-8 hrs with no problems. I wouldn't let it go overnight though.

Reactions: Sgt Fury
Due to the fact that even with the Accu Draw I find it cumbersome to cock my WR Warrior. I at times leave it cocked overnight if I hunted the evening and I am staying at the cabin to hunt the next day. Never had an issue doing this. But, the Warrior holds no where near the energy the more high tech bows TP produces. Why TP hasn’t made the Accu Draw as a left handed model surprises me.