Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tecovas Boot Review.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
At some point last year i showed my wife a pair of boots from Tecovas and she must have remembered because she got me a pair for Christmas. She went with the Bourbon Lizard skin.

20200104_163621.jpg

They were about a half size too big so we stuck the included return shipping label on the box and filled out the online exchange form. As soon as the return tracking number showed shipped they sent me the new ones.

I've worn boots for 25 years in just about every brand you've seen to include a $600 pair of Lucheese. These Tecovas are the cats ass. The quality is top notch, the fit is true, and they broke in quick. Really they broke in as soon as they warmed up on my feet, maybe 500 steps. There's no pinch, rub or bind. Like a blowjob for your feet.

If you wear boots, give them a look. www.tecovas.com

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hands down most comfortable boots I've ever owned. You can just tell they put thought into what was the best way to do something, then did it that way without giving a thought to sacrificing quality over cost.

An example is how they shaved the thick leather sole at the arch to give flex but blended it perfectly with the transition to the heel.

20200106_225212.jpg

This is done on both sides but maintains strength for stability in the middle.

20200106_225456.jpg

Even how they laid out the skin for cutting transitioning from belly hide to back hide centered on the boot to give the best profile.

20200106_225735.jpg

A shot of the craftsmanship on the upper.

20200106_225824.jpg

And a shot of the inside to show the attention to fit and comfort. No jankey seams or stitching. Tell me that don't look comfortable as hell.
20200106_230037.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Never having owned a pair of cowboy boots, how is the grip with a smooth leather sole

The leather roughs like sandpaper pretty quick from walking on concrete and parking lots. When you first get them just go outside and scuff you feet up and down the driveway a couple of times. The only surface you'll have problems with is slick mud or ice. In those conditions you just have to walk like you always do with any shoes and make sure the foot lands flat so that the heel contacts the same time as the ball. I've never had a problem on things like tile, hardwood, laminate etc.