Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team Hercules

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I've hunted approximately half dozen times since the October heat wave that we had and right after the first cool weather front.

I've seen deer each time I've been out, including one decent mature buck encounter within 30 yards that I let walk mid morning.

At this point, I've harvested two good eaten antlerless deer. One on the 12th & the other on the 17th.

I have a fair amount of good old venison in the freezer now.

I ended up harvesting one good doe out of my first sit within my pop-up ground blind during the morning @ 20 yards and another big doe out my first sit in my climber during an evening hunt @ 35 yards.

WGI_0001.JPG

20181012_092643.jpg

20181017_150842.jpg

20181017_211413.jpg

I haven't hunted since my last harvest and I've been staying out of the woods ever since.

I won't be back out until the first week of November, which will include some all day sits during that time hunting for my buck.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their season TOO!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Planning to finally hit the woods on Sunday. Took Monday and Tuesday off as well. No prep, no cameras....so ill-prepared it makes me nauseated to think about it, but I'll finally be in the woods. I have almost 200 hours of vacation to take before Jan 5th so work isn't the issue, just the other commitments in life.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
No luck this morning. Trying again tomorrow morning before work. It’s a couple miles away from where I was this morning so I’m hoping there’s more activity there. .

epe

Lancaster
Congrats on the deer guys. Dad has checked the cameras a couple times. So far just small bucks, but a ton of does. The older bucks typically don't start hitting these areas until next week and later. I start my deer hunting vacation the 3rd.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I have only made it out a couple times. No shooters yet. Will start ramping up the tree time here soon. Plan on going out Wednesday evening then Saturday and Sunday. So far deer seem to be sticking to the picked fields at last light. That should change soon.

Reactions: Isaacorps

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I think after this weather gets out of here its gonna get good this weekend. My vacation starts in 2 hours. My buddies are on their way up from tennesse its gonna be a fun 10 days.

Reactions: Dustinb80

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I have a funeral to go to Saturday and then something else Sunday evening. I’ll be out Saturday evening in one spot then Sunday morning in another. If I don’t shoot one this weekend I’m taking Monday off and hunting all day. I also think it’s about to get a whole lot better soon.

Reactions: Dustinb80