Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 7 - Seven Deadly Slingers

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I will not make it out until the 12th. After that though should be out every other weekend. Taking the first week of November off as well.
Good luck to everyone.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Anyone else hunting? None for me yet. Unusually slow start due to a late sept vacation and now a head cold, but I'll be up in a tree sooner than later.

mightymet

Got two yesterday morning with my inline. A doe and a button buck. I am not able to post pics through the tapatalk app so I will try when I get to the computer.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Congrats mightymet, make sure you get them checked in so we get our points, let me know if you need any help.

Been out 3 times, starting this weekend will be out most days through end of November, the real hunting begins.

Last edited:

mightymet

I'm here. I am having trouble with the app I use on my phone. I was able to take two deer during muzzle loader weekend. No luck since.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
No luck for me yet. I will not be out this weekend but will be out next weekend for a long weekend. Moved my time off from this Monday Tuesday to next Monday Tuesday.
I may try to sneak out Sunday morning for a sit.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
I've been hunting alot but the hunting has been slooowww, guys on here are saying we are in peak breeding and if so I totally missed any seeking and chasing, odd year.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
What a year so far.
This has been the hardest season for me.
I spent the first part of the year trying to get my son on his first deer. Got that done.
Since then I have not seen a deer in the stand.
Seems that once the farmer pulled the crops off all the deer on the property disappeared.
Lots of sign but they must all be moving at night. Will be back out this weekend and will be sitting all day.

Hope everyone else is having better luck.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Nice work BB. I am still trying but its been a crazy year. I will be out again Saturday evening and all day Sunday. Sure hope i get things figured out before long.

MQ1-Z7

Ashland Co.
Congrats BlackBeard ! Nice Buck , Congrats on your doe as well , I have been hunting about everyday lately and it is rough to say the least , Been seein more yotes too , so i dont think they are helping much either. I did have a real nice 12 pointer tines where all about 10 inches perfectly even and not a thing broke yet. Really nice deer 150 plus id say at 46 yards a few nights ago , it was just to dang windy to make the shot i felt, It drove me crazy!!! He stood there head down eating broadside in the wide open! for 10 minutes.... I just couldnt risk it , I would hate to gut shoot him or something that far in that wind. Hope to cross paths another day. Like i said i have only missed a few rainy days all season.. not a normal year , well as far as the past. I had smaller bucks i could have shot a crazy 8 point i seen for a week straight and several does, where are they now? who knows.