Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 5

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Well boys, sorry, I blew a chip shot last nite - spent 40 mins watching a lone doe as she came in to my apple pile in front of my ground blind - sat like a stone for all that time, and watched her 10-15 yds away for the longest time....when I finally had a shot I was aiming low because she was so close...shot under her. Great hunt, great weekend, everthing went by the playbook, I just choked on the shot

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Happens to everyone Dan. Long season.

I hunted opening morning and this evening, saw a total of 5 turkeys and one doe, which came under me around 4 pm this evening.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Saturday morning I was sittin on the ground, had been there since before sunup...about 8:30 I leaned over and cracked a fart, one of those long, slow, loud rolling farts, and as soon as I did I heard a commotion about 20-30 yards uphill of me, then hoofbeats running away....I guess neither of us knew the other was there and I gave away my position first:smiley_crocodile:

I was covered up in squirrels and chipmunks all day Saturday, and I had a turkey walk right by me at 15 yds, had no idea I was there.

and a bonus - the guy who gave me permission for this property said he had a place he wanted to show me, so Sunday at noon we jumped on the 4 wheelers and he showed me a great little hollow - I carved out a hidey hole right then and that's where I'm going to be next Saturday morning.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Looking forward to hearing about the new spot Danman!

I only hunted Saturday morning. Lots of squirrels and munks, only 1 deer. A small 6pt., but if I do not see much more over the next few weeks, I'm filling that buck tag. Can't eat those horns and I passed on a small 7pt. last year and had buck tag soup. Not again this year!

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Haven't been out since last Sunday. With hot weather combined with a dismal deer population, I have had little desire to hunt. With this cool front i will be out this evening and maybe tomorrow.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I tried to hunt this evening and got caught in a down pour and lightening storm. That wind is probably coming from the storm I was in. It is suppose to cool off though this week, so that is encouraging.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I tried to hunt this evening and got caught in a down pour and lightening storm. That wind is probably coming from the storm I was in. It is suppose to cool off though this week, so that is encouraging.

I got lucky here in se part of ohio and the rain went north. Figured they'd be moving all over, but nothing yet. It's getting down to crunch time.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I'll be back in the stand Thursday evening and then again Friday morning. The weekend will be spent at Strouds, only going to head out Saturday evening for a hunt, good luck fellas!