Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 4

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I shot that doe the other morning, I posted it in the harvest thread for us. Is that what you be talking about steve?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Plan on shooting tonight. Haven't shot my broadheads yet. Should be a verification shooting session. Sort of like Thursday night football practice before a HS football game: just a run through. Then hitting a stand in the morning (IF winds are right). My gut tells me good things will happen in this stand at some point. Just not sure if tomorrow is the day. I sure won't call my shots. That would be suicide. Lol. You guys would not let me live it down. Just saying, I am optimistic I will at a minimum see some deer. I am head hunting right now. At a minimum, I hope to learn a bit from the seat time.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Got to have those gut feelings and follow them. Good luck man.

Hitting my local spot tonight, super pumped. Got my biggest deer from there. I know there's a few studs running around.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gut feeling is gone. I hear a combine running. After dinner I will take a drive. I am afraid if he is picking corn. . . .I should have been in there already tonight.

Scratch that. As I typed, the combine was getting closer. He is across the street from me. My spot down the road "might" be safe tomorrow. In fact, with a little luck, he might push a few more that direction.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Getting ready to fire up smoker and head out. Kids on a 2hr fog delay. I am loving it! Could be a freak coincidence but in the past I have had good success on foggy mornings. Almost like the deer have an extra sense of security. Probably the opposite. Probably don't move until they can see better. Either way, when the fog burns off, the deer move a bit later. Feeling the mojo. Maybe it is first solo Hunt of the year, first hunt in this stand, first morning excitement. I don't care what it is. I am pumped.

themedic

OHIO
Got a baby sitter tomorrow and the day off, so i'll be hunting in the morning. Be my first morning sit if the year. I thought a cold front was coming but doesn't look like much on weather.com

themedic

OHIO
Passed a buck yesterday morning that honestly maybe I shouldn't have. Then Denali #2 strolled past me at 15 yards but between confirming it was him and checking to see he had all his tines (cause I thought I didn't see a g2 on his right side)and most importantly the low light conditions ....it just didn't happen. I'm being pretty hard on myself because I should have acted faster and been more desisive on shooting Denali but it's early. I would really like to hold out for a booner this year. The grind continues. Hope to pull a cam tomorrow that's been soaking. Good luck guys.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like a great hunt Corey. Pretty exciting. If you hold out for a booner, you may never kill a buck again. They are out there. Many never see one in their hunting career. Not sure I have. That is a special deer to make that class.

themedic

OHIO
Sounds like a great hunt Corey. Pretty exciting. If you hold out for a booner, you may never kill a buck again. They are out there. Many never see one in their hunting career. Not sure I have. That is a special deer to make that class.

I know it's crazy, especially when I don't even have a gross Boone buck on cam this year but I can't help buck think one will show up at some point this season.

themedic

OHIO
I'll be getting g some stand time in the morning. I don't get off work untill 7am but I'll only have a short drive and can be in the tree by 730. Hope to sit till 11 or so. I then hope to check 2 cameras. One has been soaking since the Oct 2nd. The other cam is in a new spot, on a scrape and bag of corn I put out few days ago. Hope one of them has a giant.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck. I'll be at day two of a soccer tournament. Slim chance I could make it out in the evening.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hey guys been a while since I checked in. Looks like John and I threw some points up on the board.

Hoping to focus on some bone now. I did hunt a property for the first time on Friday morning. Saw a solid 140s class ten point. I would be very hard pressed not to stick an arrow threw him. I will see if he sticks around.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very promising Steve. That would be a great buck for just about anyone. Good luck. Sounds like we are up to 20pts then? Couple youth bonuses and couple of does? Didn't Levi go out with JohnR?

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Yes, phil levi has been out. I've filled a couple tags, but can't seem to find any bucks I like. Nice job on the doe steve.

themedic

OHIO
Yeah...great job on landing some early points guys! Its getting better everyday.....Halloween is near...yee haww