Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 2

huntn2

Hudson, OH
huntn2 checking in for Team 2. I will be hunting in Ashtabula, Geauga, Portage and Medina Counties. Also will be taking my son, Landon for his first hunt as well as two of my landowners. Between helping others and moving, I am hopeful to put a bird or 2 down :)

Ryan

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
I'm here. Will be hunting Shelby county. Not very many birds around here but do see a few. Worst part is I'll be moving towards the end of season so I don't know how much I'll be able to get out. I just got permission for a new property today. When I drove past there was a tom in the field so I have hope at least.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Was out all day Saturday
In the morning I set up in a small public land meadow that they landed in every day last year. Turns out instead of their usual roosting spot from last year they were right above me. They flew down into a brand new clear cut behind me that I didn't know had happened. Ended up having at least five jakes gobbling to my calls and a nice Tom come in silent from behind but he wouldn't cross the creek. Could've done the 60 yard shot with my bow fairly easily if I'd had the window open on that side of the blind.

In the afternoon I hauled my buddy's lazy ass a mile through briars to some public stuff that looked good on google earth. It was so good that the turkeys were already there and we busted them [emoji23]. Oh well, will try again if weather cooperates

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Made it out Friday and this morning. Everything around here seems quiet. Ha d one hen this morning but that was all I've seen so far. Haven't been seeing very many driving around either. Thinking about headin to southern ohio in a couple weeks with some friends just have to make sure it doesn't interfere with moving.