Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 15 - Youth Team

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Klay is already bugging me to head out this weekend. I love it! Looks like Sunday evening will be our best chance to hit the spot we call Klay's Corner. It's not a morning spot, but I won't rule out taking him somewhere Sunday morning. Saturday is out with too much going on, but Sunday for sure.

Good luck to Klay hope he gets a chance at one.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mason and Garrett have hit it off. If one of them doesn't break an ankle playing basketball in the dark, we might get to see some deer tomorrow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got to say Mason is flat out ATE UP with shooting bows and deer hunting. Well. . . any hunting.

The boys had fun. Mason was a great example for Garrett. Very thoughtful bringing chairs, drinks . . . whatever might be needed, and without being told. Good kid.

Garrett made it count for team 15. The does read the script and did what they were supposed to do. Brock put us where we needed to be. Garrett put it to the adult doe when the moment of truth was in front of him. Not sure what to expect for the rest of the season. I know he will want to get out more but his schedule and our family's schedule is very hectic. Time will tell. Good luck to the rest of the kids this season!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Our youth thread has died. Garrett wanted a break this weekend. He was gone Wed-Fri at Camp Wilson on a school trip. Absolutely beat when he got home. Was hoping he would want to get out this morning but he didn't. Told him I would not push him. Totally up to him. I did show him the deer Levi killed, Gern's kids killed, Lung Buster's daughter killed, Schu's son killed, Yotehunter's Jace killed, and a couple on facebook. He was pissy about it. Told him "What did you learn? When dad says we need to hit it, we should hit it? Can't kill them sitting at home?" Now he wants to get out again next weekend. Too bad youth gun is over and it looks like a warm up again this week. I will let this sink in for him. It is still up to him. You guys have done a great job getting your kids out. Congrats to all who have connected!