Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 15 - Team Triple Nickle

ELEVENPOINTER

Well an update from my gun season week. I shot a nice size 6 point but when we were tracking the blood we jumped him. So we decided to back out and go back in the next morning. Well no such luck finding him had a good blood trail that just went to a few drops then nothing. So we looked for 2 more hours. The good news is that I did get another doe on Sunday. I didn't enter her in contest since I'm still hunting and hoping I get a buck. I will be bow hunting my days off until muzzle loader in January. I'm not much for really cold weather but I'm gonna stick it out this year. My record is 2 deers a year for the last 3 years but hey you never know I may be blessed with another. Good luck to those who are still hunting.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck on the archery scene... I just put out 200 lbs of corn for the cold season upon is and once the squirrels and coons wade thru it I'm hoping some does find it and keep their bellies full.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck Steve.... I'm rabbit hunting now and will be out for muzzy season but not so sure on bow anymore this season.... Meat in the freezer so I don't have the motivation too brave the cold in the stand lol......

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Heading out tomorrow morning to hunt a new spot in Warren Co. Scouted last week and hung a few stands on Monday.

Hey Steve, that's the county where I live and hunt a lot in. If I'm home and either not working or have something important going on and you need help tracking or dragging shoot me a pm and we can exchange cell phone numbers. I'd be glad to help if I'm free!

steveOh

Dayton Area
Well I had a choice to go to the property in Orgonia or the one near Lebanon this morning. I decided to go to Orgonia and after another unproductive hunt when I get home there is a message on the machine.

It was my other hunting partner with the news that the owner of the Lebanon property called to report that there were 4 deer out by my stand this morning around 8:00:tantrum:

steveOh

Dayton Area
Saw two Friday morning at daybreak. I could hear them below me in the bottom of the ravine before daylight, I think my hunting partner might have bumped them my way on the way to his stand. Anyway they slowly worked their way up the opposite side of the ravine towards a bedding area. I assume that they were going to bed down there but they walked through and eventually walked across the neighbors front yard and into the woods behind the house.

That's it, my season is over. I only shot one deer, an antlerless one, and forgot to take pictures for the contest. I had fun following your hunts, hope all goes well this year for you and your families. Congratulation to all my teammates who downed deer this season.

Steve

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on making it out Steve it wasn't a bad year just not a great year lol..... It was a pleasure having you for a teammate as well as the others.... Enjoy your off season....