Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 14 - Nocked and Loaded

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Got a doe today took 4 hours to find her in a standing corn field. I just about called you Phil to see what hank had. Found her 15feet from a waterway walked past her few times.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats Sir. I was at Fowler's auction yesterday. Only bought what I could double my money on or use. I plan on using everything I bought though. Some of those guys were paying full retail for ragged out junk. Wish I was deer hunting. Only bought 2 things. lmao

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Good job, Rutin! I know Whitetail Specialities still has a buck to post up. (Unless I missed his stats)

I need to get back out and tag a doe, but with the new pups, it will be at least another week before I can go, probably 2.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did Mike (Whitetail Specialties) get a buck? I know he got a doe. I didn't remember him getting a buck. Hope so. That would be good to hear. Not that I care about the contest, just happy for the guy much like I am glad to hear Rutin got one.

Congrats Zach. You worked your can off for that buck!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Yes, he did get one, quite awhile back actually. At the time he was too busy to post up the measurements and I'm still waiting!!!!! :smiley_chinrub: :smiley_coolpeace: :smiley_crocodile:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes, he did get one, quite awhile back actually. At the time he was too busy to post up the measurements and I'm still waiting!!!!! :smiley_chinrub: :smiley_coolpeace: :smiley_crocodile:

Maybe I will bump into him at the gun show tomorrow. If not, I might give him a shout.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Ok, sorry guys, but I've decided that my hunting season is over. As most of you probably know, ZJ tagged out last night, which I love!

However, this means our freezers are full and I just can't justify taking another deer just for the sake of adding 5 points for our team.

I try my best not to shoot button bucks as those are our future trophies. But to take a doe this late in the season (just for the sake of a contest) means also taking unborn fawns.

With deer herd populations decreasing, I just can't bring myself to do it and I hope you understand.

It's been fun and I am looking forward to next year!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Completely respect this position. The well being of your local herd supersedes a contest in my opinion. This shows a responsible hunter to me. No hard feelings from me. I already jacked up our chances in the contest. If anyone should apologize it should be me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ok, sorry guys, but I've decided that my hunting season is over. As most of you probably know, ZJ tagged out last night, which I love!

However, this means our freezers are full and I just can't justify taking another deer just for the sake of adding 5 points for our team.

I try my best not to shoot button bucks as those are our future trophies. But to take a doe this late in the season (just for the sake of a contest) means also taking unborn fawns.

With deer herd populations decreasing, I just can't bring myself to do it and I hope you understand.

It's been fun and I am looking forward to next year!

Great attitude Diane! Well said and I totally agree with Phil.....it's his fault if y'all don't win! Rotflmao rotflmao

You know I'm just kiddin buddy! I was just agreeing with what you said about Diane's decision not to kill another deer.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great attitude Diane! Well said and I totally agree with Phil.....it's his fault if y'all don't win! Rotflmao rotflmao

You know I'm just kiddin buddy! I was just agreeing with what you said about Diane's decision not to kill another deer.

Made me laugh. Thanks Ric!