Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Passin' Thru

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well made it out last night and saw a few does and had a little buck working a scrape.Went for a few hours this morning and man was it windy.Saw a small guy harrassing a doe and that was about it.May go tomorrow evening and a few evenings next week and then vacation time begins.Hopefully will be able to hunt most of November so just have to have some patience.Good Luck when you guys make it out .

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I hunted this past evening before work...big mistake as I should have kept sleeping. I seen 2 doe on stand, 5 deer walking out, and 10 hens. Nothing checking the two doe unfortunately..still at least two weeks away historically for my area.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I hunted this past evening before work...big mistake as I should have kept sleeping. I seen 2 doe on stand, 5 deer walking out, and 10 hens. Nothing checking the two doe unfortunately..still at least two weeks away historically for my area.
Yea i think we are still at least a week off before things start getting heated up.Evenings just seem to be the best the first month of season as most of the big bucks bed down before first light but could still catch a big one out if your close to his bedding area.Just not too big on morning hunting in October.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yea i think we are still at least a week off before things start getting heated up.Evenings just seem to be the best the first month of season as most of the big bucks bed down before first light but could still catch a big one out if your close to his bedding area.Just not too big on morning hunting in October.

I totally agree with this Brian! You described my Monday hunt to a T. I was lucky enough to be set up on the trail he choose to take on his way to bed.

Good luck everyone! It's almost PRIME time!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Only been out a couple evenings this past week.Things are still a little slow but should pick up soon.Lot of small bucks up and about.Have seen several small bucks hit on the roads.Heading out with Casey this evening and maybe we will have some luck and he can get his first deer.Warm and wet is what they are calling for tomorrow so will get a few things done around the homefront and then vacation time stars Friday.Will be able to hunt almost every day in November so am pretty jacked up and ready to go.Just have to hold out for a big one.Good luck if any of you make it out soon.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Been out several days now.Mostly small bucks but did see a nice one working a scrape yesterday around 3.Passed on a descent 9 point at 4 oclock also.Hopefully the big boys will be up and moving after this cold front moves through.Good Luck guys.

Huckleberry Finn

Been out several days now.Mostly small bucks but did see a nice one working a scrape yesterday around 3.Passed on a descent 9 point at 4 oclock also.Hopefully the big boys will be up and moving after this cold front moves through.Good Luck guys.

Good luck to you too. I unfortunately have to sit out this weekend due to some other commitments but the following week I'll be out 2 days and the weekend.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Huck,Took the day off and got some things done at the farm and got some stuff ready as my Uncle and cousins will be in from California saturday for two weeks of hunting.Will be playing guide and also hunting myself while they are here.Should be a good time.Will sit all day the next couple of days with this cold front coming in.Looking forward to the next couple weeks of hunting.Good Luck when you make it out.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Good stuff Boarhead. I just got started hunting yesterday evening and this morning. I plan to spend quite a few hours in a tree over the next three weeks.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpzoeIHOPM.jpg
Good stuff Boarhead. I just got started hunting yesterday evening and this morning. I plan to spend quite a few hours in a tree over the next three weeks.
Good luck,hope you knock a big one down.This is the 9 point i passed on Monday.Still holding out for one of the big boys.He was just out cruising in the middle of the afternoon.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I hunted my tail off on my vacation the past two weeks, Ive been on 41 hunts this year. I had a close encounter one night right at dark with a very nice buck that has a nice long kicker but wasnt sure I had a clear shot. Wish I would have shot now as since then I havent had an encounter within range on a mature buck. Still plenty of time left so I am not giving up.

00buck

havent had a deer in range other then a small 6 point gotta find a new place to hunt hopefully when crops come off around me i will see more

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpUA6gB5AM.jpgphpZiqnjPAM.jpg20131102_130846.jpgHey guys.Been out alot the past week and was pretty slow up until the past couple of days.Am finally starting to see alot of bucks cruising and chasing.Still finding some nice fresh rubs also.Saw two bucks fighting this morning and chased a doe right by my stand.Past a nice one up yesterday and a couple this morning.Still waiting on one of those big boys to come around.Took my regular camera with me today as the cell cameras suck.Got a few pics of one of the little guys that was chasing this morning.If you can make it out any this weekend or the next couple of weeks it seems like they may be better than the last two.Good Luck.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Good stuff Boarhead, I hunted this morning on an ice-covered stand and that was something I don't care to do again. I hope to hunt the next 3 days.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[1].jpgsecuredownload[1] (3).jpgsecuredownload[2].jpgphpZihgK1PM.jpgphpZs5MoUPM.jpgMade it out today and very slow day very few deer seen.Did pull a couple cards and bucks are still hitting scrapes.The one in the snow is the other buck i passed yesterday chasing a doe.Got him on my cam running by.What was nice was getting another pic of the split brow buck.Sure makes it worthwhile to keep going and passing up the other bucks just knowing he is still handing around.Will keep at it till the end of season just hope i get a crack at him.Back at it tomorrow.