Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 10

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I managed to make it out Saturday and Sunday evenings, and had two enjoyable hunts.

Saturday, I sat from 16:30-Dark and saw one deer from the stand (a young 11pt. that's going to be a great deer in a few years), and two on the way out (a doe and a big bodied buck, too dark to tell the features of his rack). It was an enjoyable hunt for the first of the season.

Sunday, I went back out to the same spot, as it's my best stand for an east wind. I didn't make it up into the tree until 17:15, and it didn't take long before I was seeing deer. All in all, I ended up watching five doe, a fawn, the 11pt. from the night before, a 1 year old eight, and a 3.5 year old eight with potential. Every deer gave me a shot inside 30y, and I managed to make it out at the end of the night without spooking anything.

Just biding my time hunting field edges when I can until the end of October gets here, then I'll get serious.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Yea. Good job getting us on the board. I went out Sat morning and evening. In the morning I have 2 button bucks a 10-50yds for a solid 20min. then in the evening I didn't see anything. It sure was nice being out in the treestand though.

PSE13

Shelby
Not sure! But I talked to the land owner and she said that's the second incident this week. She said that someone else had a ground blind that got cut up into pieces. Not sure who's doing it but I'm gonna pull the rest down before something else happens too it.

PSE13

Shelby
Went out this morning. Had the best sit so far. Didn't see any deer but seen some coon and squirrel but I just enjoyed it!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Was planning on making it out after the rain moved thru, got a call from a buddy who said they're moving good mid day today as he'd seen multiple groups out in bean fields....
Just about that time the wife reminded me of a birthday party we are too attend this afternoon.... FML..... lol....

Moving a stand tomorrow and then hunting it, well traveled route from a bedding area too a food source..... Lots of doe traffic, hopefully they'll have a buck in tow.....

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Moved the stand, this is one of those spots that is going too either be phenomenal or a bust lol.... Rubs, scrapes two different trails merging too one and looks like it's their toilet area.... Droppings everywhere....

50 yards too Alfalfa and corn..... Their crossing a drive from their bedding area too staging area too food....

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Both my covert cell cams are being major pains in the asses. My 2013 sends about 1 out of every 10 that its should, my 2015 model worked flawlessly up until the last battery change. Theyre about to get a sledge hammer. I must have been to At&T 4 times in August and on coverts trouble shooting page dozens of times just to get them working correctly, and now they both randomly shit out again.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Both my covert cell cams are being major pains in the asses. My 2013 sends about 1 out of every 10 that its should, my 2015 model worked flawlessly up until the last battery change. Theyre about to get a sledge hammer. I must have been to At&T 4 times in August and on coverts trouble shooting page dozens of times just to get them working correctly, and now they both randomly shit out again.

For what you paid for those cameras, I'd be getting new ones from them....

Go getem Alex....

PSE13

Shelby
Well finally pulled the only stand down I had left and bought a climber so they can't steal anymore of my stands. Kinda like the climber though. Light , comfy and easy

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well finally pulled the only stand down I had left and bought a climber so they can't steal anymore of my stands. Kinda like the climber though. Light , comfy and easy

Good too hear.... Hopefully you can get on with the rest of your season undisturbed.....