Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 10 - Silent but Deadly

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Hell yeah!!! I'd rather have a button than a doe any day!!! Congrats! I have been putting in the time just no luck yet. Passed on a small six a couple Fridays ago and I hope I haven't jinxed myself lol. I won't make that mistake again.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Morning sit wasn't very productive. Dink 4 point and a doe. Camera pull was lousy as well. The bright side.....I'm hunting.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Well guys it almost happened this morning. The big boy came in just before 10. Had him at 32 yards. The wind shifted and he froze up and backed out. Tough break.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Heading out here in a few for a all dayer. Cold front and wind change coming so im thinking something has to happen lol. Got a tarsel off a doe my buddys kid shot that im going to hang just for a little extra something. Like red said in a post i just read i'm thnking this is going to be a killer day and weekend for some great hunting!!! Good luck out there and be safe!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
More points than I thought I was going to contribute lol. It's squirrel time! IMG_20161127_095452654_HDR.jpg

Schu72

Streetsboro
I must say my moral is at an all time low. I will be out this weekend, but it's just weird. I'm really not excited at all. I think I burned myself out this year. Too many trip south and too much time away from the family. I do have my youth hunt to post. I was waiting in hopes of getting Ethan out again, but his wrestling schedule does look like it's going to cooperate. I will shoot something. I'm hitting the big farm on Saturday, so any antlerless deer seen will be in danger.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Thanks Dustin. Best of luck to any who venture out this weekend. I'll be hitting the road about 430 tomorrow morning, yuck. This drive is getting old. Looking forward to shooting, maybe it will re-energize me.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah I got burned out myself this year. Limped into my draw hunt and got lucky. I was going to get another tag but it didn't take much to talk myself out of it lol. Good luck guys and keep swinging!!!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Well its coming to and end for me after muzzy weekend. My last camera pull (4 week soak) only showed one potential shooter still visiting the property. I did dump some corn to try and up the traffic, but have no idea if it will work. I'll be hunting my mom's on Saturday and depending on how that goes and if there is anything new on camera I may hunt there Sunday or I may hit the other property...heck might even hit Egypt and walk a bit.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry that I've been absent awhile from this thread guys but congratulations to all my teammates who've had a successful season so far! Congratulations to Wade on putting a stud of a whitetail on the ground TOO! :smiley_clap:

I've had another slow season as far as deer sightings and encounters but I still had fun and enjoyed getting out after em! The most fun and rewarding thing was getting Karissa her first bow and watching how well she took off with it. It's amazing how well she is shooting in such a short period! I was worried that the lack of deer encounters the last 3-4 years while hunting with her would make her not want to go out but she seems to not mind and truly likes just getting out and hunting. I'm sure she'd rather see more because it's more exciting when you do but it makes me feel good that she's really hooked and loves bowhunting now.:smiley_coolpeace:

We still have time but it will just take some luck and corn drawing power from here on out. With my work schedule and her school work we only have a few more hunts left. I started my very first cornpile a few weeks ago on the farm I hunt in hopes to at least draw a shooter or two into the area for us to at least have a shot. At least for inventory to see what made it this season and maybe find a few sheds closer to the farm later on. So far I've dumped 200 lbs(100/week) and mostly birds and squirrels have found it! Lol
I put out my 4 cams about 2 weeks ago and two are overlooking the 2 scrape sites I've been monitoring since they popped up. It will be interesting seeing what if any mature bucks are still visiting them.
I'm taking Karissa out hunting this afternoon and will be swapping cards before we climb up. I will share any pics or video if anything comes through.

Good luck to those on our team that are in the same boat!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Thanks for the congrats Ric and good luck tonight!!! Just got back from rabbit hunting and did not see any deer tracks. Seen a lot of rabbits but for some reason I could not connect on any lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Saw six deer tonight. Came in from behind me from directly downwind. A mature doe and her young came in this as close as 20 yards but the other 4 including a big nanny stayed back at 45-50 and musta caught my scent. They all just walked back the way they came. The thermals definitely didn't help me either but still had a nice sit and I was happy to not get skunked! Lol

Pulled 4 cards tonight. 2 were over scrapes the last 2 weeks. This was the best buck to come by. He's a 9 I've gotten before and posted on the thread reo started titled, "interesting video". Unfortunately he busted off his left G3 but at least he's alive.

Here's the video

Schu72

Streetsboro
There's a glimmer of hope. Watched a good buck all afternoon at mom's. Unreal how he worked the wind. The forecasted wind should work. Fingers crossed.