Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #1

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
(Beating head on wall) He went to the Right......I had a 55 yard open shot but just knew he was gonna go left so I waited....He freakin' went Right! :tantrum: (Beats head on wall some more).....LOL.....Very Nice Shooter Buck! Maybe in the morning???????

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
All hell broke loose in the thicket tonight. Didn't see any horns, but one hell of a fight broke out. Gonna be there again in the AM. Hoping for the best!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I am hoping things hold off for a few more days. My rut vacation was supposed to start this morning but the wife's grandma passed yesterday morning so instead of hunting this weekend I will be dealing with calling hours and a trip to West Virginia for the funeral.

Congrats on scoring big for our team Jeremy.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Gave one a free pass today. 120 class 8 just isn't what I want quite yet.
Sorry to hear about Gramma Hoyt. Prayer's be with you!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well gonna head down to the same set as I killed that doe in a little over a week ago. It is just a place where there seems to be a lot of deer. Hoping for a hot doe or two to male things interesting.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Sorry I havent checked in awhile guys, just been busy with work and hunting, as ya all know I shot a 10 yesterday,not a huge buck but it should give us some decent points!

Lundy

This is my target so far for this year, still looking

I watched this one again Friday morning with another buck and a hot doe from around 150 yds as I was changing some setups.

A lot can happen between now and the gun and MZ seasons, I will just have to wait and see what shows up where and when. This one is very similar to the bucks I have shot the last two years. I need a little closer and longer look at him to decide if I will pull the trigger or not. Having a buck available to shoot is not a problem, having one I will shoot is a much bigger challenge for me.

I will kill a deer again this year just don't know what it will be yet. I am sorry to tell you that it will be a doe, on the 3rd day of MZ if I don't see a buck I want to shoot.

Last edited:

Lundy

I will get my buck measured and entered over the next couple of days.

Don't think it will make much difference in the team wise of moving our team up :). There have been some awesome bucks killed this year.