Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sunglasses

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sweet baby Jesus my man. 😅. I like them but I can't justify all that scratch on some glasses for as hard as I am on them. 😅.
In my age I have grown to appreciate nice things, within reason. Through that process of growing, I learned that I had a tendency to "baby" certain items at first, and then gradually relax my approach until I was eventually being "hard on shit." Shotguns, fishing rods, power equipment, vehicles, and of course... sunglasses. So nowadays I have multiple pairs of sunglasses. I have a beater pair of Dewalt sunglasses that I wear everyday at work. They ugly, but they are lightweight, polarized, and comfortable... and only cost about $18. And then I have two pairs of Costas, which only come out when I'm either fishing or going somewhere and I want to look good doing it. The quality of the Costas is really top-notch. I just can't stomach the idea of beating them up as everyday-wear shades.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
In my age I have grown to appreciate nice things, within reason. Through that process of growing, I learned that I had a tendency to "baby" certain items at first, and then gradually relax my approach until I was eventually being "hard on shit." Shotguns, fishing rods, power equipment, vehicles, and of course... sunglasses. So nowadays I have multiple pairs of sunglasses. I have a beater pair of Dewalt sunglasses that I wear everyday at work. They ugly, but they are lightweight, polarized, and comfortable... and only cost about $18. And then I have two pairs of Costas, which only come out when I'm either fishing or going somewhere and I want to look good doing it. The quality of the Costas is really top-notch. I just can't stomach the idea of beating them up as everyday-wear shades.

Yeah I try that too but I'm still hard on them. 😅 Be it flipping them off my hat, jumping off the boat with them on my head, laying them in my lap in the truck and getting out etc. I have a couple pairs that stay in the boats or in my tackle bag but even then thry see a fair amount of abuse.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I can go on! Lmao
I’ve bought and lost two(DOS), F-ing 2 pairs of CLIC’s glasses($45/set) in back to back years while shed hunting. Both were wrapped and clicked together around my neck when I left and when I reached my truck they GONE!😡🤣😂

I’m too focused on boring through brush and looking for tines up or curves down to worry about anything else! Lmao

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Have a pair of Ray Ban aviator glasses at the bottom of Burr Oak lake lol. Left a new pair on the curb while putting my motorcycle helmet on and road away lol. Also had a six pack of talls roll over on a pair on the front seat of my truck. Yeah I still buy them lol.