Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

STROUDS 2020 Food Thread

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Anyone able to help with sides? Ill do coleslaw along with my pork shoulders Friday.

@Wildlife @Quantum673 is the deer leg happening Thursday?

Need more folks to pitch in if possible.

I'll bring;
  • however many #'s of venison roasts @Quantum673 wishes to smoke.
  • entire backstrap from the my last deer harvest on open'n'day 2020
  • approximately a few pounds of venison jerky that I'll share, maybe :p
  • 4grts of jarred/canned organic green beans w/ redskin potatoes that just needs to be reheated in a pot over a fire and/or grill. Each qrt serves roughly 3-4 people.
  • Wife will bake from scratch at least a few fresh loafs of bread, buns, rolls. She actually grinds whole organic imported grains of wheat herself.
I think that will pretty much cover it from me, unless there is something else you can suggest.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I'll bring;
  • however many #'s of venison roasts @Quantum673 wishes to smoke.
  • entire backstrap from the my last deer harvest on open'n'day 2020
  • approximately a few pounds of venison jerky that I'll share, maybe :p
  • 4grts of jarred/canned organic green beans w/ redskin potatoes that just needs to be reheated in a pot over a fire and/or grill. Each qrt serves roughly 3-4 people.
  • Wife will bake from scratch at least a few fresh loafs of bread, buns, rolls. She actually grinds whole organic imported grains of wheat herself.
I think that will pretty much cover it from me, unless there is something else you can suggest.

Thursday should be the lightest day of attendance so I would guess 6lbs should be enough if deboned.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Folgers freeze dried?😂
119661732_10157277069676087_6826385648494665169_n.jpg