Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds 2018 - Oct. 19-21

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think one of them that Joe killed was on public. Mason killed four and I killed one that were just off the park boundary. A couple of them actually on the line, and Masons little buddy killed one there too. The advantage we had was two fold; one, private ground and a corn pile. Two, we didn't have hikers, bikers and hippies walking through that area. When Mason and I hunted closer to camp, we still saw deer. In fact he missed one. What we saw the most of was other people out enjoying the abundant trails. People all over the place makes safe hunting difficult, and certainly makes actually killing a deer pretty tough. We haven't been down there the last couple of years, but there certainly were plenty of deer to be had the last time we were there.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I think one of them that Joe killed was on public. Mason killed four and I killed one that were just off the park boundary. A couple of them actually on the line, and Masons little buddy killed one there too. The advantage we had was two fold; one, private ground and a corn pile. Two, we didn't have hikers, bikers and hippies walking through that area. When Mason and I hunted closer to camp, we still saw deer. In fact he missed one. What we saw the most of was other people out enjoying the abundant trails. People all over the place makes safe hunting difficult, and certainly makes actually killing a deer pretty tough. We haven't been down there the last couple of years, but there certainly were plenty of deer to be had the last time we were there.
I saw 3 doe a couple years ago, should of had one but the lead doe spotted my ass reaching for the bow. Had a little 6 point come right by my stand at 15 yards last year.

Reactions: MoonLab

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hoyt killed one within pissin distance of the boat ramp one year. If the acorns are good down there, deer won't need to move very far to eat. That won't help anything either.

Isaacorps

Columbus
I definitely plan on hunting it that weekend. I hunt city parks here around columbus and if the deer are accustomed to people being around (on trails, etc) they’ll largely do what they would normally otherwise do. I’m assuming it’s largely the same in the state parks

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I definitely plan on hunting it that weekend. I hunt city parks here around columbus and if the deer are accustomed to people being around (on trails, etc) they’ll largely do what they would normally otherwise do. I’m assuming it’s largely the same in the state parks
🤣[emoji23]🤣. No, they still run

Reactions: Isaacorps

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looks like you better get a bigger smoker[emoji23]

4613F8DD-699B-48EA-BCC1-2F277D9469A4.jpeg