Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Squirrel Doggin' 22-23

Jamie

Ohio
Hell , we just enjoy hearing about your hunts , and seeing pics , definitely don’t think time in the field is wasted especially when family and friends are with you
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again. I keep this journal for my own amusement and self-serving reasons. It does make me happy that some of you want to come along both literally and figuratively. Small game hunting has been steamrolled by the more glorious pursuit of trophy deer hunting and that is damn shame for all hunters young and old.

I enjoy going back through our squirrel season after it is over. I started to do that today, but by the time I got to page two I had something in my eyes causing them to water a lot and I had to stop. More on that later.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Ha! Awesome. Do you have a recipe for canned squirrel gravy? Canned squirrel makes superb tacos, too.
I do gravy like my Mom did. Flour/Milk or Corn Starch/Water. Not afraid to try something different though....
Glenna and I discussed several dishes to try. Squirrel Fried Rice, Squirrel Dressing and Gravy just to name a couple. 😎

Reactions: Jamie

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A good time was had by all in spite of some poor shooting. Btw, for whatever reason, that Henry will not shoot a group worth a crap now, even with the good ammunition Jamie gave me a couple years ago. I suspect we need a new glass on top. That’s my excuse for now…

Jamie

Ohio
I needed a little levity and the dogs needed to go to work. Have not had much time for this sort of thing in the off season, but it was a very nice day to be out in the woods. Dogs had a pretty good day. Slick went hunting, Lefty and I went for a walk. :cool: Light and shadows was very difficult for the camera man today.

IMG_4026.jpg
IMG_4029.jpg
IMG_4030.jpg
IMG_4031.jpg
IMG_4033.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member

Jamie

Ohio
yes, season ended on January 31. Dogs don't much care weather I shoot squirrels or not. They know when I have a gun and when I don't. This is as good of and excuse to go to the woods this time of year as I can think of. I try to run the dogs as much as I can before it greens up and turkey start nesting, but I'm having back surgery a week from Friday, so I won't be ablet to get them out after next week. Slick treed on a roosting Turkey today, too. :D That was a first. Just the one bird and it did not fly until I got there. I couldn't tell if it was a bearded bird or not.