Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spring/summer pics

Chass

The Hills
This is by far the best picture I've got this year. All those big buck pics up there are awesome but this makes me the happiest. This is the buck I shot Oct 7th, this is him on Oct 14th surprising the hell out of me as I thought he was dead for sure. I mean look at that hit. So for anyone that says 1 lung is always fatal. 1 lung is not always fatal.
20191021_170848.jpg

Chass

The Hills
I was shooting uphill. I did not account for that shot as I had never taken it before and it didnt even cross my mind till after he took off. I only hit one lung, and yes I too thought he was dead. Blood trail was easy to follow full of bubbles till it vanished after his 1 and only bed with next to no blood in it.

Cogz

Cogz
TX
This is by far the best picture I've got this year. All those big buck pics up there are awesome but this makes me the happiest. This is the buck I shot Oct 7th, this is him on Oct 14th surprising the hell out of me as I thought he was dead for sure. I mean look at that hit. So for anyone that says 1 lung is always fatal. 1 lung is not always fatal.
View attachment 88252
Wtf am I looking at

View attachment 88252

Curious the factors involved in that shot as it looks like a dead deer walking. How high were you and broadside? Damn!

Reactions: Chass

Chass

The Hills
Curious the factors involved in that shot as it looks like a dead deer walking. How high were you and broadside? Damn!
The deer was actually over my head. I was on the ground and the deer was at the top of my hill at 30 yards. Not as steep of an angle if I was in a tree at that distance but made all the difference. Was a lot of blood till he laid down then not a drop after. Full of bubbles, and made an exit hole but did not pass through. Only found the end of the arrow maybe 10 yards away from where he was shot.
20191007_210237.jpg
20191007_205644.jpg

Reactions: Big_Holla