Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

spring morels

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No mushrooms found in KY. I did find a Gerber knife in the middle of the woods.

20190414_150106.jpg

Lucky

Sunbury
Ive found by some white pine by side of house that were enormous golds. Only found one year, but what ive heard.and seen personaly is tjey dont grow very often around pines, but its usualy the great big golds. Can never know where they'll pop up at, theres the usual places that everyone knows, but have found themnext to driveways, people's front yards, mulch... just never know. This cold sucks... but shouldnt affect them much.As long as no frezze, all good. The warm up this week with rain ill finaly be out sometime.

Chass

The Hills
Ive found by some white pine by side of house that were enormous golds. Only found one year, but what ive heard.and seen personaly is tjey dont grow very often around pines, but its usualy the great big golds. Can never know where they'll pop up at, theres the usual places that everyone knows, but have found themnext to driveways, people's front yards, mulch... just never know. This cold sucks... but shouldnt affect them much.As long as no frezze, all good. The warm up this week with rain ill finaly be out sometime.
I've never found them in pines either, but if I'm not mistaken in Michigan they pull an enormous amount of them out of pines.

Chass

The Hills
I went out again Tuesday with a buddy. Still pretty early, theres a few nice green spots around my property but not many. Think I found the first ones last week in the lowest part of the property. Ended up leaving with two sheds for the pups.

Reactions: Sgt Fury