Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sportsmen’s Alliance Spring Fling

Isaacorps

Columbus
This looks like it’ll be a good event to support a great group. I attended the Full Draw Film Tour they put on back in September and it was a great time and I got to put some faces with names of several members. Hopefully @Curran will be along to fill us in on the details for this event. Anyway, I’m planning on attending and am trying to get a few buddies to go as well. Check it out here

https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/events/2019-sportsmens-alliance-spring-fling/

Matt

Norton, OH
This looks like it’ll be a good event to support a great group. I attended the Full Draw Film Tour they put on back in September and it was a great time and I got to put some faces with names of several members. Hopefully @Curran will be along to fill us in on the details for this event. Anyway, I’m planning on attending and am trying to get a few buddies to go as well. Check it out here

https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/events/2019-sportsmens-alliance-spring-fling/
Sounds like a good time, I might try to make it.

Jamie

Ohio
that's relatively close to home. I think I might go. this is as good a cause as sportsmen can support, imo.

why isn't it called the U.S. Sportsmans Alliance any more?

Isaacorps

Columbus
that's relatively close to home. I think I might go. this is as good a cause as sportsmen can support, imo.

Agreed! They’re the ones doing the dirty work in the courts and legislatures to protect our rights. Not sure about the name change though lol

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Hey @Isaacorps, sorry for the delay... Spring Fling is a new event for the Sportsmen's Alliance this year. It's going to be a pretty fun event! The $40 ticket includes all-you-can-eat perch and gumbo and all-you-can-drink draft beer, plus an entry to win a smoker from Camp Chef. The beer alone is worth the price of admission! Lol. There's going to be some silent auction items (hunting & fishing gear), Ohio-based hunts and fishing trips and we'll be doing card games for guns. Good guns too, not cheap stuff.

Hey @Jamie - Hope you can make it to the event! On paper it's still U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, but from a marketing and rebranding perspective the name was shortened to Sportsmen's Alliance.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Hey @Isaacorps, sorry for the delay... Spring Fling is a new event for the Sportsmen's Alliance this year. It's going to be a pretty fun event! The $40 ticket includes all-you-can-eat perch and gumbo and all-you-can-drink draft beer, plus an entry to win a smoker from Camp Chef. The beer alone is worth the price of admission! Lol. There's going to be some silent auction items (hunting & fishing gear), Ohio-based hunts and fishing trips and we'll be doing card games for guns. Good guns too, not cheap stuff.

Hey @Jamie - Hope you can make it to the event! On paper it's still U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, but from a marketing and rebranding perspective the name was shortened to Sportsmen's Alliance.
I’m in for sure! Got a couple buddies who’ve said they’re going as well and I’m working on a third...should be a good time 🤘🏼

Reactions: Curran

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Sean I put a bug in my brother Bill's ear for him and his team to get a table, and save me a seat. Will see.

He better! We got to hang out for a few minutes in January but I’d love him to come out and have some beers in February.

Matt

Norton, OH
Sean I'll definitely be there, got a few feelers out to friends. My girlfriend is a little worried though. The last one of these types of things we went to I ended up imbibing a bit too much in the free adult beverages and bought a trip to South Africa. Got any tips I can tell her to help assuage any fears she has? And don't say "don't drink as much." That's just ridiculous.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Sean I'll definitely be there, got a few feelers out to friends. My girlfriend is a little worried though. The last one of these types of things we went to I ended up imbibing a bit too much in the free adult beverages and bought a trip to South Africa. Got any tips I can tell her to help assuage any fears she has? And don't say "don't drink as much." That's just ridiculous.

Easy Matt, I'll go on the trip for ya.

Reactions: Isaacorps

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio

Well, so far there are no overseas hunts [emoji23]