Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Help Spam Removal

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Quick update and a request on this front.

Several of you are on top of tagging @Jackalope and me, which we sincerely appreciate. I typically get to them first thing in the morning, then Joe handles things on the backend. He's doing his best to stay in front of things, but these are real people, not bots, so it makes it much tougher. We've banned hundreds of IPs, sometimes in a large geographical area, but they eventually find a new way in. It's a tough hustle and we do what we can. Users tagging us helps keep the place as clean as we can, as promptly as we can.

When you do see spam, I'd ask that you refrain from commenting or adding additional content beyond tagging us. It's bad enough to have several spam threads going, but it's worse when some of the comments and such get posted. Please remember new users and potential contributing members are constantly finding this place, and constantly lurking after they do. Spam is a bad enough look for us without our members adding to the "mess". The spammers don't see what you post, but other members do, so just tag us and move on (y)

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Can't you just report the post and you'll still be notified? No need to tag anybody?

Quick update and a request on this front.

Several of you are on top of tagging @Jackalope and me, which we sincerely appreciate. I typically get to them first thing in the morning, then Joe handles things on the backend. He's doing his best to stay in front of things, but these are real people, not bots, so it makes it much tougher. We've banned hundreds of IPs, sometimes in a large geographical area, but they eventually find a new way in. It's a tough hustle and we do what we can. Users tagging us helps keep the place as clean as we can, as promptly as we can.

When you do see spam, I'd ask that you refrain from commenting or adding additional content beyond tagging us. It's bad enough to have several spam threads going, but it's worse when some of the comments and such get posted. Please remember new users and potential contributing members are constantly finding this place, and constantly lurking after they do. Spam is a bad enough look for us without our members adding to the "mess". The spammers don't see what you post, but other members do, so just tag us and move on (y)

Sorry, was just tryn to have a lil fun...............