Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sorry About That.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If you got a security warning this morning, the SSL certificate that encrypts traffic over the internet from your device to the site expired last night. It was set to AutoRenew but an error occurred. It's all fixed now. Why browsers require all sites to have SSL certs is beyond me. It's not like you guys are typing in financial information on here that someone might see while going over the internet.. But rest assured nobody can intercept your posts text while it's traversing the internet and read it before it's posted to a public forum.. :ROFLMAO:

Chass

The Hills
I get so many calls about this at work for our webpage. OMG IT SAYS THE SITES NOT SECURE AND THEYRE GONNA STEAL MY INFOS. Yaaaaa but you're not even logged in yet so theres nothing to steal. Were always on top of our actual portal, since that has billions of Medicaid dollars going through it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I get so many calls about this at work for our webpage. OMG IT SAYS THE SITES NOT SECURE AND THEYRE GONNA STEAL MY INFOS. Yaaaaa but you're not even logged in yet so there's nothing to steal. Were always on top of our actual portal, since that has billions of Medicaid dollars going through it.

It's stupid. Instead of enforcing it for sites that should have it, the browsers enforce it across the board by throwing up these scary warnings that they know users won't understand and panic about. Nobody is sitting out there trying to intercept and read traffic to a public web forum. They go after banking, medical, and other sites that may provide financial gain.