Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Sitka Stratus Jacket - XL - $200, Shipped

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Love this jacket. Only reason for selling is I bought another one in a different size (Large Tall).

Jacket size is X-Large, condition is basically "new." I wore it only 4 or 5 times and it has only been washed once (scent-free soap). I did not impregnate it with smoke either. It's clean and in perfect condition. No tears, holes, or stains. All zippers accounted for and fully functional.

GORE WINDSTOPPER membrane and brushed fleece outer makes it quiet and 100% windproof. Polartec insulation and microgrid fleece interior. Weighs ~30 ounces and camo pattern is Optifade Elevated II. Pocket layout is great, has a zip-off hood, adjustable elastic waistband, and a convenient opening in the back for your safety harness tether. This is a jacket you can wear from 50-degrees down to the 20's, depending on how much you layer. The windstopper is really nice for staying warm.

Pretty much a standard fitting jacket. I'm 6'0'' and 185 lbs with long arms. It fits me great and has some room underneath for layering. I just wanted to try a slimmer fit in the torso area so I switched to a Large Tall. If you have any questions about this jacket just let me know.

$200 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_3311.jpg
    IMG_3311.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_3314.jpg
    IMG_3314.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_3315.jpg
    IMG_3315.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 399

Jamie

Ohio
this is a good deal, and if didn't already have the same jacket, I'd jump on this. The Stratus jacket and pants might be the most useful hunting apparel I've ever owned. supremely quiet, REALLY blocks the wind and fits me like it was custom tailored. and like he said, it's very versatile with different layering. and it's not a burr magnet, either. I've worn mine pretty hard for the last few years and it has worn like iron.

I went for the large/tall first as I'm 6'1" and pushing 200lbs these days, with long arms and XL's usually are too sloppy in the chest and too short in the sleeves. L/tall was a little too binding through the shoulders and chest for me with anything besides a t-shirt on. XL has ample sleeve length for me, and plenty of room for layering without being sloppy.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
this is a good deal, and if didn't already have the same jacket, I'd jump on this. The Stratus jacket and pants might be the most useful hunting apparel I've ever owned. supremely quiet, REALLY blocks the wind and fits me like it was custom tailored. and like he said, it's very versatile with different layering. and it's not a burr magnet, either. I've worn mine pretty hard for the last few years and it has worn like iron.

I went for the large/tall first as I'm 6'1" and pushing 200lbs these days, with long arms and XL's usually are too sloppy in the chest and too short in the sleeves. L/tall was a little too binding through the shoulders and chest for me with anything besides a t-shirt on. XL has ample sleeve length for me, and plenty of room for layering without being sloppy.
Thanks Jamie for the solid review and sizing info. I think that is really helpful. I own quite a bit of this stuff and my sizing varies a little from one garment to the next, so it's good to hear how something fits a particular body size and type.

I own the bibs instead of the pants. It's amazing how well the Stratus blocks the wind for as light as it is. It's a perfect system for hunting 90% of Ohio's season.

Jamie

Ohio
they didn't have the bibs when I bought mine. I've been tempted to get the bibs, too, but I already have the Fanatic bibs(which I wore almost every day last season after the middle of October), so I don't really need Stratus bibs other than to satisfy my SG fetish. :D

as far as sizing goes with hunting clothes, it matters quite a lot when you are shooting traditional bows. to tight and your bound up in the elbows and shoulders and cannot shoot right, too loose and you have to worry about your bowstring hitting sloppy sleeves or chest.

some people make up with girth what they lack in length, right Giles?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I find it fitting me being 5’8” 225#. I just find the sleeves a tad long and tight on my forearms. 2XL is too big. Do they make a stout XL without knuckle dragging sleeves?