Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Silencing Milleniun Bracket

OHIOOutdoors2

Unknown
Was curious if anyone here has found anything that works good for them to help quiet the male/female ends of the milleniun mounting system when you hang the stand up. I have a few ladders and brackets hung but don't want to be super loud when I mount my M50 to the bracket after carrying it in.

I thought of doing athletic tape around the male end and maybe one or two strips on the female bracket. Any bright ideas?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
You're not going to get a ton of noise out of the two when they mate together because they are solid pieces of aluminum. You typically get the noise from the hollow tubing. Just be careful hanging it and it won't be an issue.

Also, the tolerances are so tight with the receiver and stand, hockey tape is just going to cause problems. You could try spraying plasti-dip on the top of the receiver around the hole, but I can't see it staying put long.

"J"

Dustin’s FORMER fishing coach
Supporting Member
Davie County, NC
You're not going to get a ton of noise out of the two when they mate together because they are solid pieces of aluminum. You typically get the noise from the hollow tubing. Just be careful hanging it and it won't be an issue.

Also, the tolerances are so tight with the receiver and stand, hockey tape is just going to cause problems. You could try spraying plasti-dip on the top of the receiver around the hole, but I can't see it staying put long.
Greg!!!! How the hell are ya buddy????

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
I wouldn't mess with it
X2. Besides the fact it is a tight fit and likely won't fit after putting something on it, factory designed it that way for a reason. I admit to putting some tape on hollow portions of stands and other things. I wouldn't mess with the receiver male/female ends of the Millennium.