Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show us your wood (pile)

Jamie

Ohio
this is what I burned since end of October. I'll fill that space and call it done. now that I've looked at it, I have at least 5 cords or so left, burned about 2. damn, I love our new woodburner. making my life easier, for sure.
IMG_2781.JPG

this is what I have left. there are actually 5 stacks there about 15'x6'x18" with space between filled with odd shaped/sized, poorly split pieces that don't stack well

IMG_2782.JPG

Bowkills

Nw oh
image.jpeg
I cut year old downed tops with a friend today at his property. I was 50yrds away from him and turn around to see him with large eyes and blood covered jeans looking at me. My first reaction was oh shit not good. As he stood with the caked blood and tissue on the still running husky with no fear for his own life I knew he'd got into an animal. A bore Coon got scarfaced split in half. Second time I've seen it. I've only halved a squirrel before....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I prolly have darn near a cord that needs split into manageable chunks. Those big pin oak chunks I bet weigh close to a 100 pounds each. Lol
6D087E35-DCFA-41F6-9112-4ACB36EFD1F7.jpeg

My pile behind that stack is a good 5 -6 rows thick. I burn as big a chunks I can get in this hog but 75-100 lbs is too much for this ole fart...😎👍🏻

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Got what we had cut up last week split today. That splitter was the cat’s meow compared to swinging a maul. Think I might do some more in the next few weeks just for the fun of it! Maybe even sell a few truckloads next year when it seasons up, considering we only have a few fires in the fire pit each year!

726272D9-A7B9-40D8-B940-7A06C6D4383C.jpeg
3AA1BBFF-9BE7-4C02-90D2-A9650E468FC3.jpeg
861967C1-42ED-4B25-BCC5-86E4A5CABE2E.jpeg
A617F116-E980-4EAC-BF44-7B7C03C4F6C2.jpeg
B1FF786D-5CFF-49B4-921A-A581CC9269EE.jpeg

Bowkills

Nw oh
Well I enjoyed spring cutting which is a first for me as I've only winter cut half my life now. I swoped labor with my Coon killing buddy he came to my place today. We cut from 1030 to 130 random down trees nothing big all spred out on my 8 acres.......the bad part of not frozen woods in the black swamp I got for four wheeler trailer hung up loaded down. Said f it I'm making
image.jpeg
ruts with the truck I'm not battling bugs come summer...only loaded two trucks after the quad failure. Im definantly not moving like a 20yr old anymore, but got a good jump on it...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well I enjoyed spring cutting which is a first for me as I've only winter cut half my life now. I swoped labor with my Coon killing buddy he came to my place today. We cut from 1030 to 130 random down trees nothing big all spred out on my 8 acres.......the bad part of not frozen woods in the black swamp I got for four wheeler trailer hung up loaded down. Said f it I'm making View attachment 99048ruts with the truck I'm not battling bugs come summer...only loaded two trucks after the quad failure. Im definantly not moving like a 20yr old anymore, but got a good jump on it...

Couldn’t get a few more chunks in the back of that rig?!?!?!😂🤣

Nice haul right there👍🏻

Reactions: MoonLab

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
We had a hell of a fire last night with the ash I'd split. Makes a nice, hot fire, but it burns fast. I went through damn near a bucket load. I'm going to need a bigger pile at that rate!

aaaaawa grasshopper. a different gun. other fishing tackle. archery stuff. a larger mower deck. bigger tractor. a bigger bucket for the tractor. and yes, a bigger wood pile...a man will spend most of his life in search of such of things.
Godspeed my son.

:)

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
if it's a Honey Locust the trunk will be covered with giant thorns. the bark looks like it to me, and it could be some ornamental variety without thorns. I've seen some pretty big ones in residential areas with no thorns. either way, that is damn good firewood.