Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show us your best/favorite lures

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
How about it!?! Post pics/stories of your best lures - the lures you recommend, the lures you can't go without, the vintage lures you've managed to hold on to for forever and would be heartbroken if you snagged and lost 'em.

I loves me some Panther Martins - the cast like bullets and catch all kinds of fish in all kinds of waters - this guy has been doin' good for me
IMG_20180813_203327616.jpg

This old Rapala is a must-have when you're trolling, and he'll catch just about anything. He's a Rapala countdown...
IMG_20180813_203315609.jpg

This guy has been an absolute stone-cold killer for me the last couple of years in #4 size - I lost it on the last Friday of fish camp and stopped and bought 2 #4's and a #5 on the way home, can't go without. Gets bass and pike in clear or cloudy water.

IMG_20180813_203308915.jpg

OO2

In the Uplands
I have always had good success catching all kinds of fish on a chartreuse road runner with matching tail.

I’ve also done right with silver wobbling spoons in fresh and salt water.

Favorite farm pond bait would probably have to be a top water frog or a 4” Texas rigged worm.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Remind me when I get home. I’ll post some pict too.
Second love is throwing a old wooden Jitterbug in the evening. Surface strikes are always a rush!

Probably my lifetime favorite is the Johnson spoon- weedless. For 50 years I have thrown those spoons with a Uncle Josh frog backed pork rine...
Several years I was heartbroken to find the Co was no longer going to make the frog back because it was made from older hogs and due to today’s fast growing pig, the ones going to slaughter were to soft for the product. Remaining jars sale price, in some cases went through the roof. I still have a few but ... what a shame.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Mepps black fury for me also but in the number 2 and 3 size with the yellow deer hair and yellow spots on the blade. Smallmouths in the Maumee love them!

Buckmaster

Portage
I catch just about anything on this one. It's like casting into the ocean....you never know what you might catch....from one pound gills to ten pound catfish....I do need to replace a broken treble hook from my last catch.

Attachments

• 3b3bf48517cf59fd4124231c0e33e967.jpg
    3b3bf48517cf59fd4124231c0e33e967.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: giles and OO2

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
4923B1AE-036B-4626-9725-9FBC311CF64F.jpeg

My fishing buddy caught this on a 1/4 oz ned rig we were throwing for bass.... Ohio river...

Ben the rebel craw used to be killer for smallmouth bass

Reactions: MoonLab

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I catch just about anything on this one. It's like casting into the ocean....you never know what you might catch....from one pound gills to ten pound catfish....I do need to replace a broken treble hook from my last catch.
So J you're calling this a "rebel craw" ? That looks badass, got to get me one. or two.

Shit yeah, this is exactly what i'd hoped for when I started this thread.
That and wanting to share just how badass that Mepps spinner is. Love that thing.

Reactions: giles

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Rascal crankbait, has a few different models that just run deeper or shallower but has the same action that catch a lot of bass as well...

Dropshoting is a good way for pressured bass as well...

For you top water fanatics give the whopper plopper a look... Newer top water that combines top water hardbody bait as well as a buzzbait...

Reactions: MoonLab