Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show them to me!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Think I got them all. Couple out in the barn I need to euro mount. One at the taxidermist. I've been fortunate. One of these days I'd love to find an old barn to hang them up in for photo opportunities. I think that would look pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_211222.jpg
    IMG_20191127_211222.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 663
  • IMG_20190723_110811.jpg
    IMG_20190723_110811.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_20190723_110901.jpg
    IMG_20190723_110901.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_20181103_054625.jpg
    IMG_20181103_054625.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_20181103_054603.jpg
    IMG_20181103_054603.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 712

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Think I got them all. Couple out in the barn I need to euro mount. One at the taxidermist. I've been fortunate. One of these days I'd love to find an old barn to hang them up in for photo opportunities. I think that would look pretty cool.

Most definitely it would be cool and needs to be made a priority or it’ll never get done. We used a huge corn crib of a friend and we should do an updated pic as 5 or so need to be added but it would definitely take some effort to haul mine across the state again.
Congratulations on quite the memories and accomplishments sprinkled throughout your abode.👍🏻

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Most definitely it would be cool and needs to be made a priority or it’ll never get done. We used a huge corn crib of a friend and we should do an updated pic as 5 or so need to be added but it would definitely take some effort to haul mine across the state again.
Congratulations on quite the memories and accomplishments sprinkled throughout your abode.👍🏻

Thanks Ric. This is something I hesitate to do. I am proud of them. Don't want to look like you are bragging though. If I took pics, I'm not sure if I'd share them. I was hesitant to post these. I know I have been fortunate to have access to a couple good spots. Doesn't make me a better hunter than the guy struggling on a couple mediocre hunting spots. I still say access to where good bucks are is "at least" half the equation.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thanks Ric. This is something I hesitate to do. I am proud of them. Don't want to look like you are bragging though. If I took pics, I'm not sure if I'd share them. I was hesitant to post these. I know I have been fortunate to have access to a couple good spots. Doesn't make me a better hunter than the guy struggling on a couple mediocre hunting spots. I still say access to where good bucks are is "at least" half the equation.
I don't think many would think you are bragging.. I love seeing pics of others trophy rooms.. It's great to share your success with others and most will realize that your not rubbing it in that your a better hunter, but just have access to better properties...
Your pics might even help the next guy as it might give him the drive to go out and find a better property... So keep on sharing...

A lot of these just give good ideas on how to arrange mounts, background, colors, etc.. Just because there are several dandies in the mix doesn't mean it's bragging, gotta be proud of what you have accomplished and not ashamed to show it. The key is you are humble when it comes to your deer hunting and your accomplishments. If someone takes it as bragging it just shows their jealousy.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Just got done reading my North American Whitetail... If guys didn't enjoy reading others stories and seeing pics these magazines would not sell... When I joined TOO I came aboard to share stories and pics, both TOO members and my own... I post alot of bear pics as bears are not native to Ohio and think some find them entertaining... Those that don't like them... Move on...