Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shea's trapping adventures

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Shea has been BEGGING to go set some traps for the past few weeks.
Well, her birthday is Sunday, so why not.
We'll set for coons mainly. Last weekend I drove the quad around one of our corn food plots and there are lots of nice coon trails coming into it from the timber. We'll set them with DPs mainly, with a few blind 220s and 1.5s mixed in. We also have a few cam locations that have coons on them constantly.
There is a pond off the north end of the farm that has beaver/otter in it. So I grabbed some 330s and MB750s to see if we can pick up a few.
I'll probably spring them all (except the 330s) during our check on Sunday as I won't have time to check them Monday and Tuesday. But I have Wed-Sun off, so we can reset and see what all we can catch!
I may also set for coyotes over that time period. I still have never caught one, but also have never really tried too hard.
Wish the young lady some luck!!! She says I get to do all the skinning, but we have to split the proceeds 50/50!

traps.jpg

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
This is the only pic I took of the work. The skinning machine makes it quite a bit easier!
I’ll wait a few days to do the beaver to let the blood set a bit. Else they are a horror movie mess when u skin them.
5CF6598A-624C-4877-890D-B8579E80E0B0.jpeg