Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sgt Fury’s 2019 season

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
D0CA07EA-8EFD-4643-BE00-4E14B4FB56C8.jpeg
6423526B-EC94-45CA-9179-582D7F6D658F.jpeg
1E043ABD-81A6-4F67-B045-B7473000F6D3.jpeg

Got the new ladder stand up last week. Locked in tight...no wobble at all! 22 foot up with great background cover.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
AD77E07E-3BEA-4164-B735-B92F9727CD2D.jpeg

This is the one I’m after here in Jersey. He was here yesterday morning, afternoon and again this morning. I sat tonight and jumped 5 deer a couple hundred yards from the stand on the way in. I was settled in by 3:15. No action until around 5:00 when three does came in behind me and spent a half hour munching on acorns 25 yards away....they were so loud that I could hear the crunching. They wandered off then a big bodied tall rack 5 point came in. He ate on the pile then chased two does off that we’re coming to the pile. I could hear branches breaking about 80 yards away then one doe came running full speed 30 yards in front of me. He was about 30 yards behind in pursuit like it was the rut. 4 different does came in and he also chased them around. After he left, a short wide six point came in, followed by a tall six point ten minutes later. They left 20 minutes before dark. Didn’t see the one I’m after but had nonstop action since seeing the first three does come in. Going to give it another try tomorrow.😊

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Sat tonight and ended up seeing 7 does and 5 bucks....a one horned spike, a five point, 2 six points and a eight point. The 8 tempted me but I know theres a decent ten out there. The weatherman should be fired! They said rain overnight between 11pm and 2am....it started raining around 5:30 but was light enough that it didn’t affect deer movement...then it picked up until finally it was down pouring. Coming down so hard that I got out with 20 minutes of light left. I figured if the deer that I was after showed himself, even a perfect double lung shot wouldn’t be easy to find. The rain would’ve washed away all of the blood. I’ll try again next weekend.😊

Fletch

Supporting Member
Shame to let that stand go un-hunted during the week... Tell ya what, I'll drive down and keep it warm for ya during the week... The least I could do for ya.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Supposed to rain here all day tomorrow...packing this week and headed to Ohio this Friday November 1st. Should be hunting out there by Sunday morning. My target buck in NJ will have to wait until I get back.😊

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Yesterday (sunday nov 3rd) was my first sit in Ohio. Sat all day dark to dark. Saw two basket 8’s, a spike, a real nice 8 near dark and three does. About halfway through all day sit number two and so far only seen 2 does. We’ll see how it goes...hope it picks up soon.

Bucks seen:4
Does seen:3
All day sits:1
Total deer:7

Reactions: triple_duece