Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Seent it

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Made it back home safe and sound. Helluva muzzy week as well as a gun season week. I had a ham string issue going into gun season and didn’t get too do the drives like I wanted too but made up for it in muzzle loader season. Tagged out for the county we hunted and hunted another county for a day doing deer drives. I actually didn’t carry a gun as I lent it too a buddies buddy so he’d have something a little reliable.
The farm I stay at when I come back too Ohio I tagged a good doe on opening day. Wednesday I tagged a button buck on our first drive of the day. I called it quits so I’d have a tag left for muzzle loader season. Walked the rest of the day and was gimped up afterwards and called it quits for deer drives.
Headed home that Friday and tried too get healthy for the next trip up. It worked.
Tagged my buck opening day of the season. Walked the rest of the day. Sunday went too Carroll county and pushed deer for some other friends and although we moved deer, no one connected.
Monday back too the orchard and one of the owners who hunts with us, handed me a set of cross country ski poles…. What a game changer those were up and down those hills and hollers….
My goal was too get a deer for my brother who was hunting with us after missing gun season due too Covid…. I averaged 5 miles a day walking, 17 stories climbing and Mike had opportunities but it just didn’t work out. We had fun, got too spend some time together and chewed the phat with Sam as well.
Had a great time and already looking forward too next season. We saw lots of deer, killed more bucks this season then the last few combined. Sam god a good one, I got a good one as did a few others. Everyone was upbeat with the results. Probably one of my better seasons and I didn’t carry a gun for 2 hours opening day 😂😂👍🏼
My wish is for everyone on too, too enjoy their season this much!!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
3B84A629-BC7D-450F-81EB-ACB377C56C2F.jpeg

The guy on the far right of the picture, made these up for us. Definitely a stellar day for us….