Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

School Lockdowns

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Since Thursday last week, every school in our county has received a bomb threat that's been from a NY IP #. It's been happening all over Ohio and PA, but it's barely making news converge on the state/national level. We're being tested by someone for something catastrophic IMO. Any one else dealing with this on a local level?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hard too believe they can’t find the individual doing that…. Hopefully just some random jackoff screwing around…

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I agree, but technology has made this a tough task with burner phones and IP based tracking info. This could be someone local, or Al Quida, it's almost impossible for local law enforcement to figure that out. Word is the FBI is involved locally now.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm not really satisfied with this as I'm not sold it was ALL him, but I guess we'll see the rest of the week.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nothing going on in our school district or surrounding schools.

We did have the same issue several years ago though. Our city schools as well as several surrounding schools received bomb threats for weeks. They finally found out who it was. If I remember correctly it was a young kid and they basically slapped his hand and told him not to do it anymore. They talked about terroristic threats, inducing panic, and a bunch of other felonies. I don't think any of those charges got leveled on the kid.

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Since Thursday last week, every school in our county has received a bomb threat that's been from a NY IP #. It's been happening all over Ohio and PA, but it's barely making news converge on the state/national level. We're being tested by someone for something catastrophic IMO. Any one else dealing with this on a local level?
Our school was affected. It happened at 3:30 PM. I’m told by our resource officer that they traced it oversees…hence the bad timing.

• Wow
Reactions: Big_Holla