Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

RTIC sale again

giles

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lost
They work great, but they sure are a pain to move around.

My lunchbox sucks ass...just isn’t big enough. I had a mouse chew out the zipper too, but that my fault. I will not buy another lunchbox.

bowhunter1023

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Appalachia
Just ordered the 20. I didn't last time and have regretted it since. I have a decent big cooler, but nothing but a cheap Igloo in the smaller, personal size. The 20 will be a great cooler for a family outing or my camping trips. It'll probably stay in the truck with bottled water in it during the summer.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I recently purchased two Freez Pak -2 deg. Ice Packs for my RTIC soft cooler. These things are FABULOUS! I packed my lunch at 5 in the morning and forgot to empty out my cooler overnight. At 5:00 am the next morning they were still frozen solid. While shaking them there was no liquid sound to them at all! I know the real test is 80 deg. soon, but so far, these are the best ice packs I have ever used. Found them at Wally-World for 9.98.

9b8d2c7a-7ccf-4ea7-91b6-2069bd9d044a_1.ce5ecef37e99e4ada3ec0ef14e785936.jpeg

I recently purchased two Freez Pak -2 deg. Ice Packs for my RTIC soft cooler. These things are FABULOUS! I packed my lunch at 5 in the morning and forgot to empty out my cooler overnight. At 5:00 am the next morning they were still frozen solid. While shaking them there was no liquid sound to them at all! I know the real test is 80 deg. soon, but so far, these are the best ice packs I have ever used. Found them at Wally-World for 9.98.

View attachment 60100
I got a few of these towards the end of last year. Seemed to work good, but it wasn't really hot enough to get a good indication. These were alot more expensive than what you found though.

They have 2 types depending on the temps that you want to maintain.

http://www.arctic-ice.com/tundra-series/

http://www.arctic-ice.com/alaskan-series/

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I bought the large one last year, I believe it’s the 145...Loaded the frozen packaged meat from last seasons buck into it and threw a ten pound bag of ice on top. After a 8 1/2 drive home from Ohio to southern New Jersey, all of the meat was still frozen solid. Not one package had started to thaw. I know they are a bit pricey but they are worth it if you use a cooler a lot. And RTIC is a lot cheaper than YETI. I had to order mine so unless they ramped up production, you’re probably going to have to wait a couple of months to get one so if you need one soon, I’d order one now.