Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rivers Edge Retreat stand from Menards

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Bought and set up a new deer stand. After a good snow fall....I quickly found out I was not in the prime spot I thought I was. This season should be a bit more exciting.

Review:
The stand was on sale for 99.00 at the end of the season so I bought 2. After setting it up, I'm pretty impressed. Easy to build, the shooting rail is adjustable but sits perfectly. Has a footrest and has the potential of tripping you up as you sit down. Wear your harness boys and girls. It's well made and yet light weight. The seat is super comfortable but is fabric which I'm a bit worried about it being chewed up. It is not for big ass dudes...I'm 200 lbs with a 36 waist and it's perfect....snug but my legs have room on both sides. The tree brace strap was too short so I'm using a blue strap in the pic...it's temporary. I'll try and post a follow up after this season.
24694F9D-8486-4F5B-8AED-87B909C3A266.jpeg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’ve got 4 rivers edge stands and love them. Mine are all older and hanging tough. I had one that had a wind storm limb snap the one side of the shooting rail off a few years back but it’s been good too go even without it.

Reactions: Smawgunner2

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I’ve got 4 rivers edge stands and love them. Mine are all older and hanging tough. I had one that had a wind storm limb snap the one side of the shooting rail off a few years back but it’s been good too go even without it.
Do they have mesh seats?