Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Red dot scope

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Anyone ever use this particular red dot scope for their turkey gun? I have a larger red dot but wanted to try one a bit smaller.
1B6702F3-DCA4-4C75-B7E2-AFB91224F968.jpeg

I would get something like a vortex crossfire or sparx. Those single pane like work by projecting a laser onto that crystal glass pane. Because the emitter is not enclosed dirt and water can block the beam and distort or block your dot from being projected. This type of sights are really ment for pistols. Most also have large moa dots

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I would get something like a vortex crossfire or sparx. Those single pane like work by projecting a laser onto that crystal glass pane. Because the emitter is not enclosed dirt and water can block the beam and distort or block your dot from being projected. This type of sights are really ment for pistols. Most also have large moa dots
Thanks. I have a EOTech model 512 but want something with a much smaller footprint. Good to know about the dirt/rain possibly blocking or distorting the beam. Thanks for the heads up.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I have this sight, but it's on a pistol. Love the sight lens and how compact/light that it is. I'd consider going with a 3 MOA to reduce the starburst effect if I was throwing it on a turkey gun.

Reactions: Sgt Fury