Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ravin...don’t buy

Shipped bow today. Guess I’m not surprised I didn’t received any follow up from Ravin as requested. You said your company was full for fellow deer hunters, clearly not true and clearly only care about $$$. True sportsman would have the convictions to at least follow up with a return call to a fellow hunter! Ravin represents what’s wrong with the hunting industry as a whole! Lost customer for life! Please let me know when the bow will ship so I can know when to put it up for sale. I assume this will make the higher ups happy since the warranty is non transferable. Good luck with the remained for your season...clearly mine is over!

An email I had to send tonight. Bow is less than a year old and just had to return it for a second time. Just trying to save someone the headache...disappointed with my whole experience with this company. Do what I should have done when buying a high end crossbow and get a ten point.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Sorry to hear this. You are not alone with Ravin problems. The "Need For Speed" as I call it is getting out of control. I sit back and watch the new models and Google them for reviews. Sure hope they get you squared away with this one. Nothing is worse than loosing faith in your equipment. Good Luck.

I knew going into this I may have issues with the bow based on it being a first year model. However the total lack of care from this company is crazy. 1.5 season with this bow and it hasn’t seen the woods. They could care less.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
my uncle had one shipped up to my house i shot it a handful of times havent noticed anything i would complain about yet. what problems are you having so i can tell him what to look out for. if i buy another for my daughter anytime soon it will prolly be a 10 point or a missions

my uncle had one shipped up to my house i shot it a handful of times havent noticed anything i would complain about yet. what problems are you having so i can tell him what to look out for. if i buy another for my daughter anytime soon it will prolly be a 10 point or a missions

The cocking ribbon has frayed twice. When I sent it in the first time i think they just replaced the ribbon and never inspected the bow to find the root cause. Again like the bow, just not their customer service side. It is what it is. Rant over just letting people know what to expect or what I experienced when dealing with them. Trust me there were several e-mails sent before this one. They just like to ignore them so they got what I posted as a goodbye email! My season isn’t “over” I have my Elite, just like the crossbow for ground blind and really cold weather days!
IMG_2481.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
So theres nothing wrong with the bow itself? Just the cocking ribbon? Maybe you should try a cocking rope and see how that does. Good luck. And sorry about the customer service.

So theres nothing wrong with the bow itself? Just the cocking ribbon? Maybe you should try a cocking rope and see how that does. Good luck. And sorry about the customer service.

Need to watch a video on their cocking system and you’ll understand the issue. Not being a dick, Ravin just has a very unique way for cocking the bow vs others on the market.

lung buster

hocking county
That definitely sucks. Parker has an excellent warranty as well as the Big 2 listed. I sent the kids front end back on a Thursday and had it back with new limbs the following Wednesday. I hope Ravin gets you taking care of!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I also am a Parker fan. Their customer service is excellent!
I had one of their bows blow up twice. (Faulty batch of strings) They gave me all sorts of free stuff. (Probably to shut me up). But said it was for my inconvenience.
Their Challenger Crossbow is Awesome for women and children.

Reactions: lung buster