Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Glad to hear you are are OK Adam! My BIL, Eyespy on here, totaled his truck Tues. AM driving up from home to the boat dock and hit a downed tree. He's OK, truck not so much I'm hearing.
I about did the same thing driving to work Tuesday morning in the pre dawn hours. Had a tree that was in the middle of the state route. Glad it was only covering half the road and the only lines in the way where phone companies. Sucks his truck is totaled but I'm glad to hear he's OK

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
We just got blasted by a good one. Power is out, lots of pea sized hail, 3/4” of rain in 15 minutes. Before it was gone the cell cams started lighting up.
F5E4E53A-3480-42AD-B50E-80B810588F30.jpeg

Creamer

Athens
@Spencie what part of the state are you in? I was driving home to Athens last night from Dublin (had a work training day at our Dublin site) and drove through the nastiest storm I have ever driven through. It was like driving through a washing machine. I couldn't see much, and the wind was rattling my Jeep like crazy. I was doing 40mph on US33 and that didn't feel completely safe. I ran out of it 10 minutes before I got home and called home to tell my wife to buckle up, it's coming. We got belted. Our power stayed on until about 40 minutes after it passed, then went out. It just came on 20 minutes ago, and it was out for roughly 14 hours. I've been cleaning up downed limbs again. We have some sweet gum trees out back and one of them had the 3 top pieces all busted out of it last night. Our brush pile has blown up in the past two weeks.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
@Spencie what part of the state are you in? I was driving home to Athens last night from Dublin (had a work training day at our Dublin site) and drove through the nastiest storm I have ever driven through. It was like driving through a washing machine. I couldn't see much, and the wind was rattling my Jeep like crazy. I was doing 40mph on US33 and that didn't feel completely safe. I ran out of it 10 minutes before I got home and called home to tell my wife to buckle up, it's coming. We got belted. Our power stayed on until about 40 minutes after it passed, then went out. It just came on 20 minutes ago, and it was out for roughly 14 hours. I've been cleaning up downed limbs again. We have some sweet gum trees out back and one of them had the 3 top pieces all busted out of it last night. Our brush pile has blown up in the past two weeks.
Same storm. I am in Washington county between Belpre and Marietta. I am also tired of tree cleanup duty.

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I'm working between Belpre and Marietta off of rt7 and was still at work when that storm hit yesterday. Little wind and rained hard for about 10 minutes. Weird how just over the hill the storm can be so different.
Veto Road (Cty 3) was a disaster after that went through. It crosses the hill you just mentioned. Very strange

Reactions: Creamer

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I had 1.86” of rain through the digital rain gauge and 2.5” in the manual gauge last night. It rained hard and wouldn’t quit. Tyler just repaired the driveway Saturday and it needs it again.

• Wow
Reactions: Big_Holla