Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
4EF9D049-8A97-4F62-8A25-5C8FA92021D3.jpeg

This pic was taken late afternoon today about 45 minutes from my house. Yesterday there was footage of another much larger one about 20 minutes north of here. This weather has been crazier than TD at a Floribama gay bar!😂

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Two tornado warnings tonight. First one Garrett was at school for a soccer scrimmage. Sucked because he is injured and not playing, yet he was not home where we knew he was safe. Second one he was at band practice at the school. Daughter was at church for the praise band practice. Had my wife text her to get home and have Garrett be ready to jump in the truck. Made good time. Truck needs new brakes now. She didn't like slowing down from 95. Also didn't like that speed (although she had more). Kept it slower on way home with him in passenger seat.

Seems like we avoided any major damage. I didn't even hear of downed trees although at one point tornado on ground was reported. Hopefully just a false report and nobody received any damage. I think radar can show rotation without actual tornado forming? Maybe? I don't know. Seems we have seen this already this year where radar shows it but no touch down or visible funnel. I'd rather be warned and have nothing than zero warning though.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
My wife and I saw that pass us to the south on the way to a movie last night. I didn't know that front had tornadoes involved. Glad to hear you didn't have any issues other than the scare.

Reactions: hickslawns