Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

question for the tech savvy

Jamie

Ohio
need a flash drive. am completely ignorant about such things. have hundreds of digital pics of hunting stuff on my hard drive that I really need to back up in case my 10 year old laptop goes belly up. any brand, style, or whatever I should be looking for or avoiding?

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
need a flash drive. am completely ignorant about such things. have hundreds of digital pics of hunting stuff on my hard drive that I really need to back up in case my 10 year old laptop goes belly up. any brand, style, or whatever I should be looking for or avoiding?
Go to online storage

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
External storage is pretty straight forward. Pick any in the middle of the roas pricing and you'll be fine. And get one larger than you think you'll ever need because things her put on them but rarely deleted, around 1tb will be plenty for life. I would go with an actual drive in an enclosure that connects with a USB cable and not a small thumb drive as those tend to wear out and break faster or get lost.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yes sir. Exactly. Either will suit you fine. Also dont forget that we have an affiliate link to Amazon either on the top of the page on the desktop version or the left menu button on mobile.

Reactions: Jamie

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I've got the transcend 1TB and it's served me well.

Attachments

• IMG_20181209_124246776.jpg
    IMG_20181209_124246776.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: Jamie