Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Quality crossbow

I have started to seriously look at crossbows your use during the archery season. I would like to buy a quality one in order to not have to upgrade later. Most shots would be under 50 yards. I am looking for a buy once , cry once type of option.

If anyone has any first hand experience they would like to share if would be appreciated, even if it’s a “Don’t do what I did”.
Thanks!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Excalibur.
I don’t have the experience with crossbows that Xbow does. But my experience with Excalibur is that they are accurate. Stay accurate over a period of years. And are nearly impossible to destroy. Every wheeled crossbow I’ve ever dealt with, cannot boast the same.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Plus two for Excalibur! Bought mine in 2010 and just replaced the original string this year. Never had to adjust the scope once sighted in. Even after the string change.

Reactions: brock ratcliff

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
do they even have deer in Argentina?
download.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: "J"

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I've got a Wicked Ridge 10 point Invader and it's an upper middle of the road bow...I paid $750 for it. It's 5 years old and well used. The scope is a 7 out of 10, but the durability, accuracy, quality is a 10 out of 10. I'd buy it again.

Excalibur.
I don’t have the experience with crossbows that Xbow does. But my experience with Excalibur is that they are accurate. Stay accurate over a period of years. And are nearly impossible to destroy. Every wheeled crossbow I’ve ever dealt with, cannot boast the same.
thank you for recommendations. i will try and let you know