Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pole saw

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My buddy got this Dewalt pole saw and let me and Cole @002 try it out trimming out some stand sites.
Damn thing is real nice and saves alot of time and the battery lasts a long time on one charge . Gonna have to get me one.
He got it at TSC
Resized_20210713_095717.jpeg

Attachments

• Resized_20210713_095724.jpeg
    Resized_20210713_095724.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How’s the weight distribution on it, Brian? I’ve used my buddies Stihl saw and it’ll plum wear you out in no time 😂

Reactions: Mike

Jamie

Ohio
lol, I remember when money was more important to me than saving time and wear and tear on my body. now I'll pay any price to save time and wear and tear. battery operated power tools kick ass. pole pruner has been on my hit list. to hell with sawing manually from 15 feet below or running chainsaw from a ladder.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
lol, I remember when money was more important to me than saving time and wear and tear on my body. now I'll pay any price to save time and wear and tear. battery operated power tools kick ass. pole pruner has been on my hit list. to hell with sawing manually from 15 feet below or running chainsaw from a ladder.
Time IS money! Totally agree with you!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
The battery powered tools are really coming into their own. So many uses. Good review, Brian!
Yes they are! I have a stihl battery powered chain saw that’s great for small chores like clearing around deer stands or clearing a fallen tree across a logging road. Just bought a Milwaukee trimmer and edger. They work surprisingly long on a single charge.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Been meaning to drop in and update this with my purchase. As a long-time HD credit card holder, I get really good coupons once a quarter. With several Dewalt tools, I had batteries and with a fresh coupon to knock some $ off my order (with free shipping), I picked up just the tool for $120. Like a lot of us, I have long been tired of using a traditional pruning pole saw. Knotted ropes, tangled chains, dull, bent blades all make for a frustrating experience. There's a learning curve with this saw in terms of keeping it out of a bind, and I wish you could shorten it to just one section, but overall, I'm pleased. Fully assembled, it can be a bit unwieldy, but it still beats a regular pole saw any day of the week. Thanks for sharing this Brian. Made it easy for me to pull the trigger. This is the first time I've bought a battery-powered tool when a regular combustion engine version is available. The noise level makes it so I'd be much more willing to use it during the season, than if I had a 2-cycle version. The only advantage I'd give the motorized version is the ability to "muscle" your way out of binds a little easier. For the $, it's a Top-10 tool for any bowhunter that owns/manages/accesses private hunting land.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dang it I knew there was a thread just for this. I'll just say the RYOBI we picked up worked perfectly. Reading Jesse's post I want to mention it does have 2 sections in the middle and I believe one of which can be removed to make it shorter if necessary. I'll have to check again on that. Powerful tool that's for sure!

View attachment 136214
I have had the same one for a couple years now. It works well and far better than the old pole saw.

Reactions: Big_Holla

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've had my Stihl long enough that there weren't any battery powered options when I bought it. Truthfully? Even in my line of work I will never wear it out. But. . . . If I were shopping today I probably would go battery powered. They are handy and you truly only use them for a handful of branches here and there. Stale gas happens. Not an issue with battery powered. Nice review, Brian!

Jamie

Ohio
and I repeat, battery power kicks ass. I bought the Stihl pole saw last week, and it is totally friggin' awesome. already had two batteries, and I have run them a good bit, but have only managed to run one down to half charge one time. I'm buying a battery powered chainsaw before I start cutting fire wood again. the convenience of not having to fuck around with gas and oil is life changing if you use power tools like these very often. I can whack weeds, trim bushes, trim trees up to nearly 20' from the ground and blow away the messes without burning a drop of gas, putting on hearing protection, or fighting with pull rope to get any of it started. I am one happy, green mofo. :geek:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
and I repeat, battery power kicks ass. I bought the Stihl pole saw last week, and it is totally friggin' awesome. already had two batteries, and I have run them a good bit, but have only managed to run one down to half charge one time. I'm buying a battery powered chainsaw before I start cutting fire wood again. the convenience of not having to fuck around with gas and oil is life changing if you use power tools like these very often. I can whack weeds, trim bushes, trim trees up to nearly 20' from the ground and blow away the messes without burning a drop of gas, putting on hearing protection, or fighting with pull rope to get any of it started. I am one happy, green mofo. :geek:
It helps offset applying VOCs for a living 😂