Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Picture question for contest?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know the season has begun. Not sure this ever came up in the past. Curious. . . Would we give credit for video footage or still pics of a deer as "trail camera pics"? If a guy took video or pics, chances are it was scouting or hunting. Just thought about the big 10 Brock and Mason got on video. If they didn't have any pics on TC, but do have video, that is pretty intense. Well worthy of 5pt in my opinion. My opinion is but one though. I personally have some video and stills of a deer running a property I don't have trail cams on. Not everyone has trail cameras running. I would think it is worthy if a guy films it, or has a GoPro running or something. It is only 5pts. . . .Not like we would be shorting anyone some super duper amazing prize. lmao

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I'd say no. Only because the contest is started and the rules are established.

However you can petition the contest board for their approval. Lol.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm fine with it. The point was rewarding prior knowledge, so I'd like to include the caveat that these pics/vids come prior to the hunt. Video taken the during the hunt should not count IMO if it's the first encounter/knowledge of the deer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm fine with it. The point was rewarding prior knowledge, so I'd like to include the caveat that these pics/vids come prior to the hunt. Video taken the during the hunt should not count IMO if it's the first encounter/knowledge of the deer.

Agreed. Prior to the hunt video I.e obviously scouting should count.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Seems like a very fair way of doing it....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got the first two letters right. But I thought you guys had another name for him that rhymed with sucker. Lmao

Sorry Zach. I mean "Heir Zach."

Ricer2231

Is my picture worth 5 points? Sure has been a warm deer season so far.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444093154.046791.jpg