Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Phil's 2018 buck

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great mount! I cant believe your wife let's you put mounts in the dining area, congrats on that too!

I won't lie- 2018 mount was there temporarily. Our Otis dog was going berserk. Had to hang it up. Then it got knocked off the wall when a door was slammed and the weight made the hook bend. (No damage to mount thankfully.) The one remains in the corner though. She tells me one mount is coming down if this is going up. We shall see. . . .

Reactions: Big_Holla

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I won't lie- 2018 mount was there temporarily. Our Otis dog was going berserk. Had to hang it up. Then it got knocked off the wall when a door was slammed and the weight made the hook bend. (No damage to mount thankfully.) The one remains in the corner though. She tells me one mount is coming down if this is going up. We shall see. . . .
Sounds like a damn good reason to add an edition to the Hick's Homestead. Nice man cave area, so to speak. Phil always needs more projects

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like a damn good reason to add an edition to the Hick's Homestead. Nice man cave area, so to speak. Phil always needs more projects

Ryan- My wife TOLD me to build one. Only problem with it? Someone has to pay for it. I have plans for a building with an office and "mancave" area. One step at a time. Maybe some day. Currently. . . I cannot justify such an expense and I can't pay cash for it. Going to remain on hold.

Definitely looks great there Phil! It's funny when dogs like Otis first notice things like that, makes you wonder what the heck they are thinking! Our husky took a while before he stopped barking at my wall, several deer and my bear. Every so often he will just look at them as if he thought they moved or something.

Reactions: hickslawns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not too jiggy about his spot on the wall. I pulled down 2010. Relocated 2014 to the 2010 spot. Places 2018 in the 2014 location. Eh. . . My wife is adamant there are no additional deer heads going up. I personally feel one more to balance out the TV would be best. I'd like to see 2018 opposite 2013 on either side of the TV. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20190723_111518.jpg
    IMG_20190723_111518.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_20190723_110918.jpg
    IMG_20190723_110918.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_20190723_110746.jpg
    IMG_20190723_110746.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 287

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Not trying to be arrogant or a dick. I put in a lot of hours. I'm fortunate in some of the properties I have to hunt. I've been blessed with opportunities. I've been able to close on the opportunities.

Reminds me of an old bar sign my dad had in our basement when growing up.

It said:
'Them that can brag without lying, let em' brag!'

Now go stack some more up!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

She gave me the green light to hang him on the right side of the TV. . . .with a disclaimer: She wants the upstairs bathroom remodeled. It is only 13 years old and in fine shape. She wants tile and shiplap (whatever that is). I've been thinking we could use some fresh paint in there. Tile would be nice. She even agreed to using the same tile as we used in our first floor bathroom. Be nice as we had some left over. Guess I have a winter project ahead of me and a little reorganizing of the storage cabinet to the right of the TV. "IF" I should choose to do the bathroom. . . .which I will. Glad she didn't mention "when" the bathroom had to be done.