Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Perfectly said

Isaacorps

Columbus
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Translation: Don’t be a heartless self absorbed prick.
Unfortunately it’s just another manifestation of the underlying issues that plague our society. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: jagermeister

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
My first deer, a doe and my first buck, a spike...both taken with a bow, rank high up there as far as memories go. Hell, just the sight of a deer would send my heart rate into overdrive. I’m much more selective now, but that’s my choice. I get more excited when I see a young one get their first deer than if I shot one myself. These people need to realize that these young hunters will remember their first harvests for the rest of their lives...and the looks on their faces is priceless.

Bigcountry40

I've never understood criticizing anyone over their harvest especially a child/kid/teenager, but that being said we have done this to our selves. Hunting is so cut throat, I would rather have people criticize me or my child about their harvest than under cut me and attempt to keep me and my boys out of a woods that we bow hunt occasionally because some ass hole wants the entire thing to himself. In my eyes criticizing kids no different pushing people off of property that you don't want to compete with. So its not okay for hunters to criticize youth over kills, but its okay to intentionally/unintentionally keep youth from having an opportunity to have a shot at harvesting an animal? I guess if they can't hunt then they can't be criticized. This scenario doenst really apply to me and I am probably guilty of leasing something from a father-son/family, just wanted to give a different perspective.

Reactions: giles

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
I choked on my best chance way back in the day Tappan Lake - fall - dry leaves on ground - sit n on a bank over look n log n road - lean n against tree with my bow arm - crunch crunch crunch behind me - uhm think n what asshole is walking thru the woods making that noise - it stopped right behind me - glanced over my shoulder - 10 point - 10 feet away - i tried to inch around - maybe 5 minutes - couldn't get in position to shoot - he just walked away - maybe 2nd year bow hunting - only deer i saw that year - all we knew then was from Outdoor Life Magazine - buds didn't criticize me fot be n the asshole

Last edited: