Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

PA Public Land

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
Understandable, let’s continue the talk to ensure you’re ready for the next opportunity.

Any hopes and dreams for anywhere else?

Would this be a buddy hunt or solo?

OHIOOutdoors2

Unknown
Understandable, let’s continue the talk to ensure you’re ready for the next opportunity.

Any hopes and dreams for anywhere else?

Would this be a buddy hunt or solo?
Out west for mule deer and elk.

Ive been eyeing NE and SD for the last couple years as a OTC tag. But I’ve heard Wyoming is the place to go for mule deer. I think their rifle season typically runs over thanksgiving break for us.

Probably need to start to build up points now for desirable units so I can go to a good spot when I’m in my 30’s. Unless I can get lucky and maybe get a year or two of residency status in a western state in the coming years

I’d want it to be a buddy hunt. I believe the experience would be much more enjoyable. Plus the decrease in workload and safety of having a buddy is a big factor too.

Goodluck. I hope you make me kick myself for not going!!
Sorry I never got back I was in Houston all week. I have a little bit of property behind my house if ever interested and i live right next to game lands 285 which I am slowly learning as it is pretty big.

Game lands and national forest are a hidden gem in my opinion. There is a misconception and although they get busy for a day here or there most guys walk the tram roads. The deer are in the narly stuff and easily out last the orange army for the day or two. I see absolutely bruts hauled out of then every year.

OHIOOutdoors2

Unknown
Sorry I never got back I was in Houston all week. I have a little bit of property behind my house if ever interested and i live right next to game lands 285 which I am slowly learning as it is pretty big.

Game lands and national forest are a hidden gem in my opinion. There is a misconception and although they get busy for a day here or there most guys walk the tram roads. The deer are in the narly stuff and easily out last the orange army for the day or two. I see absolutely bruts hauled out of then every year.
That is good to know. I will have to plan better for next year!

Buckmaster

Portage
I saw 2 on Friday and 5 on Saturday. No deer were harmed during the affair. We close out our PA season knowing that over the winter 1100 acres will be select cut. Anything under 12” stays. Things will be changed in 2020.