Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening day doe...kind of?

steveOh

Dayton Area
I had the same thing happed to me a couple of years back...those yotes don't waste any time devouring one. I Shot 2 yotes the past two years from the same stand....get them on my game camera regularly also...they are everywhere!!!

Reactions: Creamer

Creamer

Athens
The shot was the biggest positive I take away from it. I shot her with the new Black Hunter longbow, and the draw I had to just creep back to anchor. I had 3 sets of eyes within 25 yards and 2 of those sets were inside 15. I didn't have as much cover in the tree as I thought I would. I got drawn, anchored, and put the arrow where I wanted it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The shot was the biggest positive I take away from it. I shot her with the new Black Hunter longbow, and the draw I had to just creep back to anchor. I had 3 sets of eyes within 25 yards and 2 of those sets were inside 15. I didn't have as much cover in the tree as I thought I would. I got drawn, anchored, and put the arrow where I wanted it.
As you well know, just getting drawn on a deer with a recurve is an accomplishment in and of itself, ESPECIALLY with multiple sets of eyes all within range. The draw and the shot placement… I would definitely consider that a victory.