Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Camp gets a Cabin

Well we finished getting the walls and ceiling up this weekend. Still need to put in the window sills and trim around the windows. I am going to plane those boards down though and put some clear stain to help protect them in case of them getting wet. I also have to change out some of the ceiling light fixtures. I ordered a couple to try off of Amazon that have a globe. We liked them so I will order enough for the rest. We also got the outside door painted. After the windows the only major project is the floor. We are going with a waterproof vinyl flooring. Not sure when we are going to have a good weekend for that. We have decided for labor day weekend that we are going to relax and get the hunting blinds ready.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

Buckmaster

Portage
Try not to keep anything too expensive at camp. There is always that "when" it will get broke into.
All they will find at our camp is a 13" TV, a refrigerator, a deer head, and two 100# bottles of propane.
We don't even lock the dead bolt as that will simply the wall stud when the door gets kicked in. We carry insurance on it as well.
Over 18 years it got spray painted once and a tree fell on it and ruined the gutter.
Tree stands, ground blinds, missing salt blocks, and cameras have fallen a greater victim than the cabin over the years.

Reactions: cspot and Big_Holla
Try not to keep anything too expensive at camp. There is always that "when" it will get broke into.
All they will find at our camp is a 13" TV, a refrigerator, a deer head, and two 100# bottles of propane.
We don't even lock the dead bolt as that will simply the wall stud when the door gets kicked in. We carry insurance on it as well.
Over 18 years it got spray painted once and a tree fell on it and ruined the gutter.
Tree stands, ground blinds, missing salt blocks, and cameras have fallen a greater victim than the cabin over the years.

Knock on wood we haven't had any issues. I have a full time neighbor that can almost see my cabin and definitely can see if anyone pulls down in there. With the terrain and habitat to come in from the backside would be a major chore. We also live on a dead end road and are the 1st place along it. If someone would try anything they only have one way out. I know the neighbors have said that they never have any issues either. They have my number to call me with anything suspicious going on. I guess I really lucked out in that regard.

However I do not leave anything too valuable there. I have left my table saw and miter saw there a few times, but all cordless drills, paslode, generator, etc gets taken home every time.